What's new

New Retro TV Channel - Decades (1 Viewer)

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
Is that the one getting " Dark Shadows" and " The Doctors" ?? Wonder if they will pick up any soaps??

TheLogoGuy94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joshua
JMas said:
Cozi is not part of the Weigel family of channels, which includes MeTV, H&I, and Decades. I have Millionaires from both MeTV and H&I, and the episodes run 22:50 on both.
I think Decades will show the same prints Me-TV and H&I both use. But there's always that chance I'm wrong.

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
TheLogoGuy94 said:
I think Decades will show the same prints Me-TV and H&I both use. But there's always that chance I'm wrong.
I would imagine they all use the same prints. I think total running time would be affected by time compression, which ME-TV loves to use.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
Not true Cozi and MeTv have different versions of "Make Room For Daddy" one has the last two seasons of the series and one stops without the last two. One has been reformatted to widescreen. And I forget which has which???

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
AlanP said:
Not true Cozi and MeTv have different versions of "Make Room For Daddy" one has the last two seasons of the series and one stops without the last two. One has been reformatted to widescreen. And I forget which has which???
Having a full run of a series doesn't mean a cable network received different prints than its competitors did.

They might have chosen to not purchase the entire run for economic reasons.

As for wide screen, I dont know if this is something offered by the syndicator for this series, or done at the network itself.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Sky King said:
Having a full run of a series doesn't mean a cable network received different prints than its competitors did.

They might have chosen to not purchase the entire run for economic reasons.

As for wide screen, I dont know if this is something offered by the syndicator for this series, or done at the network itself.

Yes, they have two different packages, and two different sets of prints

MeTV has the standard syndication package, the they are using the off the shelf transfers-edits done in the 1980's - these are seasons 5-9 these run 22:30 minutes

Cozi has a remastered-re-reedited package of season 4 through Season 11, which includes 3 seasons not seen since the NBC rerun of the 1960's. (4,10,11) The prints of seasons 5-8 they have are new transfers, along with the transfers of 4,10,11.

Yes, the new SFM transfers for Seasons 4-11 were done widescreen for them, as well as edited to 21 minutes (from 25 minutes!)

ZenCloud

Auditioning
Real Name
Apres
Finally CBS gets a 2nd channel and then they put this "Decades TV" on. I do like but I hate it!

There's no schedule to follow. There's no timetable to read or follow. They put on hours of Peter Gunn tease you with Mission: IMpossible coming up next, but they don't give you a specific time so you can catch it from the beginning.

There's no schedule on their website, www.decades.com and they give you no information on the current shows their playing. This is the most frustrated TV station I've ever watched. And why is there a 48-hour clock ticking down? What is it ticking down to?

And do they play the shows in the order they were made? How do we know? Unless your grandmother is watching, you have no idea what the very first show was at all. This is why I'm not happy with Decades. It's only worth watching if you know what you're watching. I did read another comment that this is a "soft launch". A soft launch for what?

When these stations started their 2nd/3rd stations, I was hoping they'd get their acts together but so far, nothing. For instance, when channel 7 started, they had 3 versions of their station. The 2nd one had LiveWell Network & the 3rd had the weather. Chicago had its own version of the Weather Channel with some cool jazz music playing in the background. Then one day, I turned it on and it because the duplicate of 7.2!!! OMG!!! Infomercials and junk all day and night. When the president speaks, instead of puttling a crawler at the bottom of the screen telling people to switch over, they just kept letting the president runover the next show that was supposed to start at 2 PM and never said a word to the public about when the show would repeat.

These guys want us to watch what they think should be on TV without any input. If this Decades doesn't get any steam, it's going to be down and out.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I had to buy a new indoor antenna because my old one broke down.

I did a channel search, and I'm thrilled that I can now pull in the CBS signal, and the BINGE channel. Right now, they're showing a Mission Impossible marathon. I might record Love American Style and the Millionaire when they come on next month. Curious what their regular programming schedule will be like once DECADES starts. The LA Times article says this:
Programmed by Weigel, Decades will have a six-hour repeating block of programs and movies from the 1950s through the 1980s tied to a date in history that will be reviewed in a nightly original documentary show, "Through the Decades."

Doesn't sound great to me. I was hoping for a more traditional schedule format like Antenna-TV and Me-TV where they air a show daily in order mon-fri. I may be wrong. I guess time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks