New Retro TV Channel - Decades

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
So DECADES has started. Is there a website that shows the schedule? I searched, but all I am getting is the press release from October.

Today DECADES is showing the MILLIONAIRE: Series Binge, all day. Is that what the schedule will consist of, a single series run all day leading up to a daily historic news documentary?

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but another over-the-air-digital station, THE WORKS is running two episodes of SCIENCE FICTION THEATER each Saturday and Sunday at 1 to 2 P.M. EST.

TheLogoGuy94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joshua
Bob Gu said:
So DECADES has started. Is there a website that shows the schedule? I searched, but all I am getting is the press release from October.
Today DECADES is showing the MILLIONAIRE: Series Binge, all day. Is that what the schedule will consist of, a single series run all day leading up to a daily historic news documentary?
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but another over-the-air-digital station, THE WORKS is running two episodes of SCIENCE FICTION THEATER each Saturday and Sunday at 1 to 2 P.M. EST.
The binge marathons are just for the soft launch only so viewers can get a taste of what programming will be on Decades. When the channel officially launches on May 25th, then I think they'll start showing different programming. With The Millionaire, they are showing “almost” the whole series. I emphasize “almost” because they won't be showing the 18 episode that are out of syndication. I can't find the PDF schedules. However, go take a look at WDJT's schedules on TitanTV. You should see the schedule.

Reactions: Bob Gu

TheLogoGuy94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joshua
lj01 said:
Try www.decades.com
Thanks. I've been on the site but I haven't noticed the link for the schedules. It seems that many shows such as Gomer Pyle, I Love Lucy, Love American Style, Celebrity Bowling, Dobie Gillis, and more will be airing on the channel. Also, The Millionaire will resume airing on April 25th.

howard1908

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
howard hughes
TheLogoGuy94 said:
Thanks. I've been on the site but I haven't noticed the link for the schedules. It seems that many shows such as Gomer Pyle, I Love Lucy, Love American Style, Celebrity Bowling, Dobie Gillis, and more will be airing on the channel. Also, The Millionaire will resume airing on April 25th.
Not particularly excited about the channel with the exception of the millionaire and celebrity bowling, but still its nice to have another channel showcasing the classics.

TheLogoGuy94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joshua
howard1908 said:
Not particularly excited about the channel with the exception of the millionaire and celebrity bowling, but still its nice to have another channel showcasing the classics.
The Millionaire also airs on Heroes & Icons. Me-TV says that the series is coming soon to their lineup, though they're looking for the right time slot.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
No Richard, East Coast. DECADES has around 20 CBS stations/affiliates listed at wikipedia. So far they started on Thursday with the MILLIONAIRE: Binge which runs through Sunday. Monday they are running the complete MOTHERS-IN-LAW. per the schedule at decades.com.

I'll probably be looking at: COL. MARCH, THE ROGUES, and BURKE'S LAW if they run Season 2.

The schedule shows that they will be running some of the same shows that ME-TV and Heroes and Icons are showing. I guess those shows will leave the other stations at some point, or not.

TheLogoGuy94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joshua
Bob Gu said:
No Richard, East Coast. DECADES has around 20 CBS stations/affiliates listed at wikipedia. So far they started on Thursday with the MILLIONAIRE: Binge which runs through Sunday. Monday they are running the complete MOTHERS-IN-LAW. per the schedule at decades.com.I'll probably be looking at: COL. MARCH, THE ROGUES, and BURKE'S LAW if they run Season 2.The schedule shows that they will be running some of the same shows that ME-TV and Heroes and Icons are showing. I guess those shows will leave the other stations at some point, or not.
I don't think all the shows that air on Me-TV that will also air on Decades will leave the Me-TV schedule, since Weigel Broadcasting owns the rights to the shows and half of Decades. If those shows are removed from the Me-TV schedule, imagine all the viewership Me-TV would lose.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
TheLogoGuy94 said:

When I tried this link, all I got was a countdown clock showing 120+ days until the channel launches. No programming. Just a few paragraphs saying that 'decades' is about.

AndyMcKinney

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
So, I'm assuming this channel is only going to "for sure" be on the CBS owned and operated stations (of which there are about 29), right? I guess the network might also be offered to other independently-owned affiliates who want it (but are also under no obligation to carry it)?

EDIT: What I read on the network's Wikipedia page seems to imply that the channel will also be offered to the non O&O CBS affiliates on a "right of first refusal" basis, meaning that if they pass on it, Wiegel can then offer the network to other stations in the same TV market (they already have at least one ABC affiliate signed up).

Neil Brock

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
So, has anybody checked out what the running times are on this channel? In particular, The Millionaire. Can someone please time one out? Would love to know if its worth buying an indoor antenna and a digital converter box to get this station. Other than The Millionaire, Love American Style is the only other show they currently have that I really care about.

TheLogoGuy94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joshua
Neil Brock said:
So, has anybody checked out what the running times are on this channel? In particular, The Millionaire. Can someone please time one out? Would love to know if its worth buying an indoor antenna and a digital converter box to get this station. Other than The Millionaire, Love American Style is the only other show they currently have that I really care about.
According to their website, The Millionaire will air on Saturday. April 25 at 2:00PM. Also, an interesting fact: in case you didn't know, this along with Me-TV, Movies!, and H&I can be received on C-Band satellite for free.

TheLogoGuy94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joshua
TonyD said:
Is the web site just a count down timer?
No. Down torward the bottom, it says “THE BINGE” in all capital letters. Click on that and it should take you to a PDF of the schedule up until May 25th. That's the date Decades launches. It'll launch at 7:00AM with “Through the Decades”.

JMas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Mason
Neil Brock said:
I've been recording The Millionaire from H&I. After editing out the commercials, they are running about 22:50. I don't know if they are cut or time-compressed. I've got about 160 of them so far. Since Decades is a sister channel from the same company, I expect they will be showing the same versions.

Ejanss

Effects Supervisor
BANNED
Real Name
EricJ
"You may laugh at 'Charlie's Angels,' 'Gilligan's Island,' 'The Odd Couple' or 'Little House on the Prairie,' but guess what? There is a huge audience that is willing to watch them," said Ken Werner, president of Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution. "Way back when television was designed for the entire family with one TV, everybody in the business was focused on developing shows that had broad appeal to everyone, and that continues to have efficacies."
Yep, television lost a lot when it stopped being the mainstream source for all pop-culture entertainment, and started only appealing to people who binged soap serials and "edgy" cable dramas three or four episodes at a disk/cable sitting.

(I remember when we had the "What was your favorite episode of a decade show?" threads--We can actually talk about "Lucy on the candy line" or "The night Rob & Laura had their baby" as actual self-contained stories that independently stuck in our cultural subconscious on their own, but does anyone talk about "Remember what happened on the third season-finale of Breaking Bad?")

Reactions: Bob_S.

Neil Brock

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
JMas said:
I've been recording The Millionaire from H&I. After editing out the commercials, they are running about 22:50. I don't know if they are cut or time-compressed. I've got about 160 of them so far. Since Decades is a sister channel from the same company, I expect they will be showing the same versions.
I hope you're right but just because on network shows it that way doesn't mean the other does. Make Room For Daddy on ME-TV runs around 22 minutes while on COZI, it comes in at around 20:25.

JMas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Mason
Neil Brock said:
I hope you're right but just because on network shows it that way doesn't mean the other does. Make Room For Daddy on ME-TV runs around 22 minutes while on COZI, it comes in at around 20:25.
Cozi is not part of the Weigel family of channels, which includes MeTV, H&I, and Decades. I have Millionaires from both MeTV and H&I, and the episodes run 22:50 on both.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lozovoz