What's new

New Resident Evil Question? (1 Viewer)

JohnE

Supporting Actor
OK, I know there are what seem like a dozen Resident Evil games in the works for the Cube, but which one is the new one as opposed to the remakes? Thanks.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Capcom has CONFIRMED a Resident Evil 4(on Planet Gamecube's site)
and yes, they are working on the reduxes of the past RE games.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Capcom has CONFIRMED a Resident Evil 4(on Planet Gamecube's site). and yes, they are working on the reduxes of the past RE games.
-Resident Evil (remake of the first RE) is currently available on the Gamecube.
-Resident Evil 0 is a completely new title (well it was originally going to be on the N64 but has since switched to the GC) for the Gamecube that will be released around October-November.
-Resident Evil 4 is in the making for the Gamecube as well and the developers have said it will be a big departure from the usual play style of the RE series.
-THERE ARE NO OTHER REMAKES BEING MADE FOR THE PAST RESIDENT EVIL TITLES. Capcom and the RE team will be PORTING Resident Evil 2,3 and Code Veronica to the Gamecube as they were originally presented. No graphics overhaul, no new sections. Simply ports. Here is a link for the non-believers:
RE sequels not remakes and will be sold cheap

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
UGH!
That's terrible, they really should reconisder and Planet Gamecube should update their list

the developers have said it will be a big departure from the usual play style of the RE series.
Sounds like RE 4 might suck

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
You know, Romier, the way "Metroid Prime" sounds like it might suck, since it's a departure from the original style of play. ;)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
You know, Romier, the way "Metroid Prime" sounds like it might suck, since it's a departure from the original style of play.
It may yet still suck! Of course there are countless movies, screenshots, previews and information to base that assumption on;)
Not too mention we are talking about Metroid which hasn't had a new title in a number of years. As compared to RE which many feel needs a good change to keep the series fresh.(I'm not one of them, but I'm open for new things..)
EDIT: Joel, you did know RE4 was going to be a first person shooter didn't you?:D (j/k)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I remember reading some statements from Shinji Mikami about RE4 and he said something along the lines of "it's going to blow your socks off."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks