new reciver or a amp??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lyden, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Lyden

Lyden Stunt Coordinator

Hi all

i have about $400, 500 if i ask to borrow what i'd like to knwo is ive noticed a horrible lack of oomph in my reciver after having it on for long periods like after one movie the sound level like drops so i have to crank it even more ..... i have a Pioneer 810s i was wondering should i upgrade to like the H/K AVR 125 or just get a 2 chanel amp ? they have an onkyo 2 chanel amp for 299 its a 100watt per chanel amp if i got that you think it would stop the level drop in my reciver? or should i just buy a H/K or even a pioneer 811s i would say yamaha but i like how my reciver sounds compared to the yamahas at best buy im not to fond of onkyo and H/K's sound better IMO, i was planing on getting new speakers but i find a reciver more important ... well anyways whats ur opinions and do you know of any good recivers in the $400 reange that would be worth upgrading to instead of just getting that onkyo amp. thanks for youre help in advance

2. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    H/K AVR320 or '520. www.onecall.com or check the for sale/trade section of this board.

3. Craig_Kg

Craig_Kg Supporting Actor

The 2 channel amp will still be useful when the next round of decode formats gets introduced.