New Reciever Problem - Pink Bands

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
hey all.

I got a big problem and I really hope you all can come through for me. Please.

This week after much debate I got a new Reciecer with the help of my Fiancee as a sort of early Christmas gift. If any of you have seen my posts recently, I ended up with an Onkyo TX-SR604.

I finally got it setup today and it's great so far.. except one glaring problem. There is a series of very noticable thick light pink bars running up the screen from the bottom. The MAIN reason I got this receiver was to finally have Component switching and I got these darn bands going through it. I know it's because of the reciever because if I connect directly to my TV, they are not there.

Is there any way to get rid of them? I'm definately open to suggestions. My cables are brand new, MonoPrice Premiums I just had delivered today. A 3 foot and a 6 foot. I have no idea what is causing the lines.

I definately don't want it to come to this point, but if I return it and get another reciever, even a different brand, is it likely going to do the same thing?

Thank you...

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Double check your connections. If you accidentally connected a blue to the green or something of the sort it may cause that to happen.

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Yep I just got done doing it. They are all correct. The color is fine, just has pink Bands... on any video input I'm using through the receiver, not just one. I have a HD cable box and Wii both using Component.

I also notice there is a annoying HUM coming from my Sub when movies have low parts. I can't recall if my old Reciever did that too and I never noticed, but my Sub is relavitely new still. But I sure never noticed it like I do now...

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Return the receiver and get another one. Onkyo usually has a HQ product. If you get the same model again you won't likely have the same problem.

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
I managed the solve the problem. I was getting interference from my Cable TV, a ground loop.

I got a new Surge protector with a coax in and out which I am now running the cable through and the problem went away.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gullfo