What's new

New receiver ? (1 Viewer)

keith_d

Auditioning
Hey all. I recently have introduced myself into the market for a new receiver, and I have it narrowed down to two. I would appreciate any pro's/con's on these two, as well as personal preference, as I take opinions of others pretty seriously.
Yamaha RX-V1000
or
Denon AVR-3802
Thanks for the help guys.

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
Hey Keith, welcome to the forum.
I'm not familiar with the Yamaha, but I am with Denon gear. What kind of speakers will you be driving? How big is your room? What features (DPLII, DTS-ES, 2 channel listening, etc.) are important to you?
How large is your room? What do you want the receiver for, HT or music listening?
These are a few of the questions to ask yourself when choosing a new receiver, IMO. If possible, get both for audition to mate with YOUR speakers in YOUR listening area and go from there.
Jeremy

keith_d

Auditioning
Honestly, right now I have crappy speakers, but I am looking to get the Polk RM-7600 series speakers. I think that these are pretty god speakers, and from what Ive heard, they can handle the juice. My room is fairly large, about 30' X 25'. I am going to be using this almost equally for music and HT, so I would like a reliable receiver that can handle both. Thanks for the help.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
What type of reciever are you running now? You may just want too look into an AMP if your satisfied with the recievers features you have now.
Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks