New receiver ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by keith_d, Nov 2, 2001.

1. keith_d

keith_d Auditioning

Hey all. I recently have introduced myself into the market for a new receiver, and I have it narrowed down to two. I would appreciate any pro's/con's on these two, as well as personal preference, as I take opinions of others pretty seriously.
    Yamaha RX-V1000
    or
    Denon AVR-3802
    Thanks for the help guys.

2. Jeremy Hegna

Jeremy Hegna Supporting Actor

Hey Keith, welcome to the forum.
    I'm not familiar with the Yamaha, but I am with Denon gear. What kind of speakers will you be driving? How big is your room? What features (DPLII, DTS-ES, 2 channel listening, etc.) are important to you?
    How large is your room? What do you want the receiver for, HT or music listening?
    These are a few of the questions to ask yourself when choosing a new receiver, IMO. If possible, get both for audition to mate with YOUR speakers in YOUR listening area and go from there.
    Jeremy

3. keith_d

keith_d Auditioning

Honestly, right now I have crappy speakers, but I am looking to get the Polk RM-7600 series speakers. I think that these are pretty god speakers, and from what Ive heard, they can handle the juice. My room is fairly large, about 30' X 25'. I am going to be using this almost equally for music and HT, so I would like a reliable receiver that can handle both. Thanks for the help.

4. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

What type of reciever are you running now? You may just want too look into an AMP if your satisfied with the recievers features you have now.
    Kevin