What's new

New Receiver Yamaha RX-V583 + SUB NS-SW050 with old speakers from Philips 7540 (1 Viewer)

MR.m0g0

Auditioning
Real Name
Mihai
Hello,

I planned to upgrade my home cinema sound.

I am currently using the Philips 7540 and I wanted to have a better sound.

The plan was to use the 5 speakers from my old cinema system and just upgrade the receiver and the sub, so I bought the Yamaha RX-V583 and as subwoofer the Yamaha NS-SW050.

After trying it I realize that the sound didn't improved at all - slightly better.

Now I'm struggling if I shall buy new stand alone speakers (for front at least) of shall i just send the new acquisitions (Yamaha) back to the seller.

Why am I asking this - will the sound be a lot better if I buy extra speakers or it will be quite the same sound?

I already spent 600 euro. I found who speakers that I like (like they look): Nubert 511 and the Canton Chrono 580.2.

BTW - I'm from Germany, so please don't recommend something that I can't find here.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Mihai,

What is your budget for speakers? I will tell you that speakers are by far the most important element. The Yamaha was a good investment, but new speakers would really make a difference.

MR.m0g0

Auditioning
Real Name
Mihai
Hello Dave, I have maximum 500 Euro for both front speakers.
I really appreciate your help.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
The speakers are definitely the part to replace, the ones that come with the Philips 7540 are basic satellite entry level speakers.

Budget and maybe a good generic site that you'd shop at would be good, but here's something basic selecting something entry level but decent from a UK site (7 years of German and I couldn't read a kids book let alone a web site):
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wharfedale...=UTF8&qid=1524236313&sr=1-4&keywords=speakers

The receiver is fine, and you'll want something when you get new speakers.

MR.m0g0

Auditioning
Real Name
Mihai
Hello again,

i like the most the Spirit 11, but here in Germany the price is 850 euro. A bit too much for me.

Any other suggestions?
PS: i want the tower speaker and not a compact one. In the future maybe i'll upgrade the rear ones.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Mihai,

Failing that, there's a new ELAC Debut B6.2 coming out soon that is amazing for the money at 300 euro a pair.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I haven't heard the ELACs myself, but the Debut and Uni-Fi lines get rave reviews. The F5 Dave linked will break your budget a bit, but probably worth it.

MR.m0g0

Auditioning
Real Name
Mihai
Hello again,

I ordered 2 magnat tempus 55 which i didn’t like. After hearing about the keg q500 I found them at 440 Euro so I ordered them. Beautiful speakers with super clear sound. I kept the Yamaha NS-SW050 Black 50 W Subwoofer (108 Euro).
Now I’m using the new speakers and the subwoofer with the Center and rear speakers from my old home cinema system.
My next upgrade is the Center speaker. Here I’m a bit limited by the drawer which has the height for the speaker of 14,2 cm.
I’m looking for the Nubert nuline CS 64.
https://www.nubert.de/nuline-cs-64/p3207/?category=3

My budget for it is around 300, so I’m still waiting to find it cheaper.
Is anybody having a better suggestion in this price range?

Thanks in advance

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It's best for your center speaker to match the two other front speakers, which would at least mean another KEF. You don't just choose a center out of the blue. It's determined mostly by the front speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks