New receiver with SVS question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jon Teddlie, Feb 9, 2002.

1. Jon Teddlie

Jon Teddlie Stunt Coordinator

Hello all I just bought a Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX and had a question. My Sub needs to be setup I'm not getting the thunderous bass I was with my old receiver. I have some crossover options like 50hz,80,100 etc etc I have my mains set to small but the sub seems really low. If anyone could give me a few things to look for I'd really appreciate your help and also maybe an explanation of the frequencies and how they effect my sound? Thanks in advance!

~Jon~

2. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

Pioneer receivers have had strange peak limiters in them in the past. You are going to have to review the manual and make sure all limiters are set to OFF. Have you calibrated the subwoofer using a SPL meter?

TV

3. Jon Teddlie

Jon Teddlie Stunt Coordinator

Havn't had time to use a meter yet Tom, you think I should set the peak limiters to off?? What about that crossover? Thanks. BTW I'm running a 20-39PC if that helps.

4. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

Yes, all limiters to OFF.

Until you are able to calibrate with a SPL meter...we'll just be taking stabs in the dark.

I would set the Pioneer XO to 80hz,and set the sub to bypass or turn the crossover knob to it's highest position.

TV