What's new

New receiver or new center channel? (1 Viewer)

Jamie Stamp

Auditioning
I have a dilemma. I can either upgrade my receiver or my center channel speaker. I’m not sure which will give me the most improvement and need some advice. Currently I have a Yamaha RX-V496 and a Boston Acoustics Micro 80c center channel. I’m looking at either getting a Yamaha 440/540/640 (which ever fits in the budget) or a Boston CRC center channel. The biggest plus to getting the new receiver is getting Pro Logic II and 6.1 capabilities. The plus to the new center channel is getting a little larger speaker with 2 drivers instead of one. Now for my question: How much better is Pro Logic II than Pro Logic and how big of a difference would the new center channel make? Ideally I would upgrade everything including all of my speakers, but I just got a new TV and I’m expecting to give Dish Network $1000+ in a few months if they ever release their new HD receivers. Thanks in advance for your help.

Edwin_C

Stunt Coordinator
A better center channel speaker will give a much bigger improvement with sound then any receiver possibly could.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks