What's new

New receiver ideas to power rti10 (1 Viewer)

MikeGee

Second Unit
Hey guys I'm working on finishing the rough layout of my movie room (18x14)
I need a new receiver to power my setup (tv on wall and drop down screen in front of tv so dual hdmi output needed)
Also I have Polk rti10 speakers as my front speakers. I am looking for a receiver that is preferably under 1000$ that can drive them. All the reviews I've been finding on matching the rti10s are from like 2006 and I've been out of the loop as to what the "must have" receiver is now
I also have a contact for Behringer products which I could use as a preamp (dual a500) if needed

Basically the question is.. Is there a receiver on the market that is strong enough alone to power my inefficient rti10 ? Or am I just gonna end up having to preamp no matter what The only model I was reccomended was the pioneer sc81
Thanks!

MikeGee

Second Unit
Well I was always told the rti10 were very inefficient and usually require a separate power amp but that is going back a good 10 years. I was running them on a pioneer 1014 and they sound good but definitely a little under powered.
I need a new receiver anyways so I'm just looking for advice

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Power is only "how loud you want it".

To get noticeably louder than many $1000 AVR will require amps in the 200+ watt range.

If an AVR can produce 60wpc on 5 channels(ignore "whatever the AVR says")...then you need 200wpc to notice a difference.

89db at 1 watt.
92db at 2 watts.
95db at 4 watts
98db at 8
101 at 16(already loud)
104 at 32(going deaf)
107 at 64(louder than you'd ever dare)
110 at 128.
113 at 256

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
When it comes to an AVR upgrade you need to find one that has the features that you're looking for. Like Sam said power is kind of a non factor as almost any AVR will push speakers to a usable level in most homes.

The question is what features are you looking for in a new AVR for your setup?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jreich
Recent bookmarks