What's new

New Receiver Help Please (1 Viewer)

KevinO

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all, I'm thinking of getting a new receiver for my small HT (12'x10'). I am using a Denon 2600(?) from a couple of years ago, and want DTS and DP2. In a perfect world, I'd get the 2802, but I'm not willing to pay $800 and I really don't want to buy from an unauthorized dealer.

So I'm considering the new Onkyo 600. I know this receiver is brand new, but I'm wondering if anyone thinks I'll notice a dropoff in sound quality with the Onkyo from my Denon. The Onkyo has the features I need, 80W per channel is fine for my room, and I know I won't need to hook up a separate amplifier in the future.

The speakers I'm using are 5 M&K K5 satellites and the K9 sub

I can get the Onkyo at Oncall for $450 shipped. That sounds like a great price. If someone knows a way I can get the 2802 from an autorized dealer for about $600, I'd consider that as well.

Any and all opinions would be appreciated.

Pete Jennings

Second Unit
I guess the first question would be, what speakers are you using? Certain combinations don't SEEM to be very popular, but everyone's tastes aren't necessarily the same.

Pete

CurtJ

Stunt Coordinator
I am also ready to buy the 2802 and found them for $539 at reliableaudiovideo.com I am not sure about the site, but it looks to be approved by yahoo. Does anyone else know if this company is top notch?

CurtJ

Stunt Coordinator
I just called reliableaudiovideo.com and they said the warranty is through them and not through denon. So if you have a problem you send the product to them and they take care of it. I would still like to hear if anyone has delt with them before I make my purchase.

KevinO

Stunt Coordinator
I seem to recall that there was quite a bit of postive feedback about reliable on HTF or somewhere else. Personally, I'd rather pay the extra $60 bucks and buy authorized from 6th Avenue, which is authorized.

For those not aware, 6th avenue's actual price is lower than its website states, you just have to call. And they are authorized according to Denon's website.

By the way, thanks for the feedback everybody.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks