What's new

new rear speaker problems... please help (1 Viewer)

RyanSoares

Stunt Coordinator
i just got my jbl n24's for the surrounds, my fronts are the E30's my center is the ec25 and my reciver is the sony 695 with the sony 725 dvd player when i play movies in DD or DTS i notice the rear speakers to be very low in volume, even in scenes where i know there should be information sent to them....... i had to turn the rear speaker volume up to 8 almost 9 out of 10 to hear anything out of them...... now i've been to other people houses and heard their system setup properly and the surround speakers are noticable i checked my wiring to see if i got + and - hooked up right and that seems good, possible problems could be i'm running 40ft of wire to the surrounds 16 guage monster THX???????? i bought the monster cable quick connects for them.... don't know if that could be a factor..... also when playing music i try switching to every different soundfield but still rear speakers sound low and hollow barely noticable, i tired PLII music, neo 6 music and the regualr hall jazz and concert and no real change, i know there must be something wrong cause for music you are suppose to hear them louder than they are sounding..... my last test which i will do now, is hook them up top speaker B and see if they sound louder just to test the actually speaker.......they are peak 100 watts i think, and my reciver state it pushes 100 all the way around so i don't think the reciever is under powering them?????

Andrew_J_M

Auditioning
You really need to set up using an SPL meter, tape measure and a calibration disk to get the levels correct. Maybe you can borrow these from a friend?

Andrew

RyanSoares

Stunt Coordinator
actually i have the DVE disk but no spl meter how would make my rear speakers more noticable? i read that the volume of the rear speakers shouldn't be really touched but for to hear anything out of them i have to turn them each up to 8 or 9 left being 9 due to the distance from my sitting position

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks