What's new

New Reality Show on USA Network - Made In The USA (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
USA Network is releasing a new reality/competition series called "Made In The USA", which premiers Wednesday, September 14, 2005 at 10pm ET/PT.

Here is a synopsis:

From left to right:

Todd Newton: Host

Newton is perhaps best-known to audiences as the former “Voice of E!” on E! Entertainment Television. Newton has hosted “Coming Attractions” – E!’s weekly half-hour showcase of current film previews, “Talk Soup,” “E! NewsLive” and many of E!'s live events, such as red carpet arrivals at the Academy Awards, Emmy Awards, Golden Globes and star-studded movie premieres.

Joy Mangano: Resident Judge

Mangano is chiefly responsible for the phenomenal sales success of HSN’s domestic and international consumer products including The Miracle Mop, The Rolykit, The Jewel Kit, The Piatto Bakery Box, Huggable Hangers, Handy Hook Mirror, Flexassage, My Little Steamer and the Clothes it All Luggage system. Along with successful sales in catalog and retail, she has been selling through live appearances on domestic television since 1992, and also in Europe.

Karim Rashid: Resident Judge

Rashid is an industrial designer and a cultural shaper. His perspective is global and his projects encompass product furniture, lighting, interiors, fashion, and art. Rashid opened his New York studio in 1993 and his clients include Umbro, Issey Miyoke, Cappellini, Prada, Nambe, Magis, Frighetto, Artemide, Bozart, Mikasa, and Copco, among others. To date, Rashid has had more than 2000 objects produced and housed in the permanent collections of 14 museums.

Nolan Bushnell: Resident Judge

Bushnell, CEO and founder of uWink, Inc., is best known for bringing “PONG” and Atari Corporation to the masses and justifiably revered as the “Father of the Video Game Industry.” A true visionary, he’s also the founder of the much-beloved restaurant chain Chuck E. Cheese and has recently announced a new venture – the uWink Media Bistro, a national restaurant chain catered to the kid in all of us with a friendly mix of interactive menus and video gaming where diners can compete against one another.

In the early 1970s, Bushnell built one of the first video games named Computer Space. It was too complicated to succeed but in 1971 he created PONG and made history. In 1972, he made more history as the founder of Atari and, effectively, began the electronic gaming revolution. GameSpot calls him the fifth most influential person in computer gaming of all time.

This looks like it might be a lot of fun to watch and something to set the PVR for.

Parker

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
This does look like fun, especially the auditions. I had no idea Joy Mangano was still around, let alone doing well in the world. I remember seeing her (and her daughter) commercials for the Roly-Kit about 15 years ago. Guess I'm not watching HSN enough :D.

This show, TV Land Confidential and Ambulance Girl have the market cornered on TV advertising... I've only seen a bazillion ads for these shows the last week. I guess they've done the job, though: I plan on watching them all.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
This is one reality/competition show I plan on watching as the winner gets something more than just money. I look forward to what all the contestants come up with as new devices. Who knows? We have our new "must have" toy coming out of this group.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
This show eceeded my expectations... it was quite a bit better than I was expecting. I was dumbfounded, however, at how the Instant Waterfall group made the cut but the totally awesome Stroll 'N Go didn't. Hopefully they will be the spoiler team that comes back in tonight's ep.

hanson mat

Stunt Coordinator
I agree, I caught this show and was surprised the Stroll N' Go didn't make it either but I was really impressed with the wide ranges of ideas which was really fun to watch. My favorite was the Quad Zipper... what was your favorite?

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

I think the judges were dead on when they said that the Quad Zipper would revolutionize the garment industry. The Stroll 'N Go was my favorite but out of the top 6 I'm rooting for the Quad Zipper and the Interchangeable Shoes. I haven't had a chance to watch this week's ep yet, so I don't know who made the cut.

hanson mat

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I won't spoil it for you but it was good -- they had quality assurance professionals come in and test all the products. Very interesting to watch but I agree about the Quad Zipper and the Interchangeable Shoes being the two best. Watch for what they change on the Quad Zipper -- I really liked it. Tell me what you think

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I'm finally caught up (very busy week + premieres = way behind) and I really enjoyed the QA phase of the competition. I was impressed that USA/HSN had provided the kind of facilities that could initiate changes to their prototypes so quickly.

After seeing who the spoiler team was, it's becoming obvious that the Stroll 'N Go team wasn't picked for safety reasons. Anytime you have a product meant to protect children from serious harm it has to be held to a higher quality standard, which is not currently in play. I just don't think as a game show that they were prepared for that level of federal involvement.

Of course, the real question is: what the heck happened to the Highlights team?

So did I. I think they really opened the product applications up. Just imagine what they could do with women's pants. From skirt to shorts, dresses to pants, etc.

Looks like the ratings for the show are in the toilet cause USA has just moved the show to Thursdays at 6e/5c starting with the next episode.

hanson mat

Stunt Coordinator
So did I. I think they really opened the product applications up. Just imagine what they could do with women's pants. From skirt to shorts, dresses to pants, etc.

Awww!! That would be so cool -- I would definitely buy a pair of pants that turned into a dress. Great for camping -- my family does a lot of camping and I think a fleece that can turn into a sleeping bag, to a blanket etc would be very useful. Would minimize the amount of packing that we would have to do.

Glad that you told me it comes on Thursday this week -- works great with my schedule -- will you be tuning in?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks