New racing game ideas that they haven’t done yet…

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by JoeyBurdick, Oct 20, 2003.

1. JoeyBurdick

JoeyBurdick Auditioning

I always wished they would improve the A.I. of the other drivers so that the racing situations would be more true to life. I’d also thought it would be a cool idea if you could have in-game radio communications with your pit crew and the other drivers just like they do in real races. They say R. Racing Evolution is actually going to have these features, among other new things, so it looks like I may get some of my wish list after all. What are some other ways you’ve thought of that they could improve racing games? (who knows ~ maybe they’ll end up doing it… it worked for me!)

2. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

3. Leroy

Leroy Second Unit

The '04 iteration of Nascar from EA is supposed to have useful drafting, they even have a drafting meter.

I was dissapointed with '02 and haven't looked into it since. I think the designers at EA must have been locked in a room for a couple of days and forced to watch Days of Thunder non-stop.

The ability to draft, use pit strategy, get help from teammates(if you have 'em) or make deals with other racers on the fly would be nice. Have your computer controlled opponents make mistakes..like getting a little loose and flying into the wall, spinning out or the like. It always seems the only wrecks or prolems that occurr are ones you force. This would all fall under improved A.I.

I guess the things I want improved would really only apply to Nascar/Cart/F1/IRL type games. But, for all other types of racing games, get rid of cheap A.I. tactics to keep races artificially close. How fun is it knowing that no matter what, you can always be caught or catch up.

4. JoeyBurdick

JoeyBurdick Auditioning

yeah, I have high expectations for this feature in R:Racing Evolution. The graphics aren't lookin' too shabby either... but unfortunately I can't post any for you until I've posted at least 15 times. You can just go ro racing-evolution.com and see for yourself tho.