What's new

New R1 DVD of Twin Peaks pilot at Amazon: anyone seen this? (1 Viewer)

Douglas Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Douglas Bailey
In addition to the all-region disc that's been discussed here before, Amazon is now listing a R1 DVD of the Twin Peaks pilot episode:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000068TQU
The disc was released 24 May 2002 by a company called Wave Imports, of whom I've never heard. Amazon's "technical details" page says the disc is "Color, Dolby, Import." No cover scan. No details on the sound format.
I'd like to believe this will be a better-quality disc than the boomy all-region edition, but am skeptical. Has anyone seen/heard the Wave Imports disc yet?
Failing that, does anyone feel brave enough to try it and report back to the HTF? :)
doug

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'll bet you a dozen doughnuts and a damn fine cop o' coffee that this is the same item, just that this "Wave Imports" company is stocking up on them in the USA, and Amazon is dealing with them on a special-order basis (note the "Usually ships within 3 to 4 weeks" message).
But, Douglas, why don't you let us know after you get your copy...Mr. Guinea Pig! :D

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Now that Amazon is carrying it I wonder if people will still insist it is a bootleg?

Jeff

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Now that Amazon is carrying it I wonder if people will still insist it is a bootleg?
Whatever the status of the Twin Peaks pilot is, the fact that it is carried by Amazon doesn't mean much. Amazon already carries a large selection of bootlegs, including titles released by Diamond Entertainment, as well as the various "public domain" (but not really public domain) Alfred Hitchcock releases available from different labels.
DJ

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
Í thought that Amazon has been carrying this title for months.
Anyway, I bought it here, obviously a bit cheaper.
BTW the European release (late '02) supposedly contains the pilot episode (probably with good AV quality). Due to multiple language options, it omits the DTS track, though.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Not all Asian releases are bootlegs :)
You just have to be careful who and where you buy.
Express.com was selling bootleg CDs for several months after they bought up GameCave, and I called them about it and asked "Do you know that every single anime/video game CD you guys are carrying is a bootleg?"
The boots vanished 2 hours later

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks