New QUEEN DVD: "The Making of A Night at the Opera"

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Michael Allred, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Michael Allred

Michael Allred Screenwriter

Michael

US release date is March 21st, now available to pre-order at www.amazon.com.

It seems that the 2 disc version is what Queen should have released for the 30th anniversary of the album instead of the less than amazing disc we got. However I suppose if you already have that one, the single disc version of this new release will make a nice companion piece.

2. Philip Morello

Philip Morello Auditioning

The "Prophet's Song" is misssing from the 2 discs's set track listing.

3. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

I hear ya Michael, but I believe that Classic albums is it's own line with a different company involved. Queen themsleves probably didn't produce the new interview stuff therefore they don't own the rights.
    I'll get the 2 disc UK release. Region free is the only way to go! I have the U2 Joshua tree one and while I found it very interesting, (and I am a musician who records constantly) I've only watched it twice. The market for these kinda things is very small I believe.

[​IMG] d

4. Michael Allred

Michael Allred Screenwriter

Michael

Queen should have produced such material themselves though instead of this double dipping through a different company.

5. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    I *love* those Classic Albums discs! It looks like the second disc that we aren't getting is just a remix of the album with videos -- I can at least get another edition of that.

6. andrew markworthy

It looks interesting, but am I the only one to have a jaded feeling that we are either in or on the verge of barrel scraping territory here?

I love Queen, and yes, ANATO is a great album, but there's only so much I want to hear about it. Especially as there is so much in the Queen vaults that could be released instead.

7. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman
    If it's of similar quality to the other titles in the Classic Albums series, then it'll be well worth it.

8. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

Remember, Queen isn't producing this so it's not like they're choosing to do this instead of remastering an old concert for DVD. They're also touring currently so if I were Brian or Roger and had the choice between playing music live on the road or hunkering down in a studio to watch 30 year old concert footage that is in rough shape and would need ALOT of work to release, (I have copies of many of the older concerts and they have several gremlins both production and musically in all of them) I know what I'd choose to do. I'm sure they'll get around to an older one eventually or maybe even a comprehensive best of Live.

Just my 2 cents. [​IMG]

9. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

Apparently the 2nd disc in the UK collector's version is simply the album with videos in DTS like the 30th anniversary release. ALL of the extras are on the one disc including "The Prophet's song" so the one disc is all you need!

[​IMG]

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/f....aspx?Q=742877

10. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

Guys -- check this out.

It's the most incredible likeness I've seen yet! Those guys at NECA sure turn out great stuff! Make sure to click on the thumbnails to get a larger look! The figure has a voice chip that plays a medley of Queen tunes. It'll look great on the shelf. Now, if they'd only release a Bowie as Ziggy figure...

11. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

I watched the majority of this last week and loved it. If you are on the fence about it, I got mine at Target for $9.98 (that sale lasts through 4/11 or 4/17).

12. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman
    Thanks for the tip, Eric! I will definitely check it out. I loves my Classic Albums DVDs!