New QUEEN concert DVD poll!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Michael Allred, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Michael Allred

Michael Allred Screenwriter

Michael
    For those of you who remember the last poll I conducted, regarding the inclusion of a Dolby Digital 5.1 soundmix on future Queen DVD's, you should be happy to know that Brian May has seen the results (an overwhelming 86.20% in favor) and has said it *will* be discussed.

I've started a new poll asking the simple question: Which Queen concert would you like to see released on DVD next? To vote, simply click on the below link;

http://members.tripod.com/~evilbaby/Queenpoll.html

Please vote only once to ensure a fair vote tally. Due to possibly heavy traffic, the page may be down from time to time, so if you encounter a problem, please try again later.

When the poll is closed, the results will again be submitted to Queen Productions for consideration.

2. andrew markworthy

Michael, excellent news and thanks for the poll.

I don't want to carp, but why no Christmas concert (74? 75? - the year Bo Rap was top of the charts for the first time in the UK) - it was a live broadcast by the BBC (but the tapes definitely exist in reasonable condition - snippets are replayed ever once in a while on the TV).

3. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

Earls Court '77 for me [​IMG]

4. TerryW

TerryW Stunt Coordinator

I voted for Hyde Park '76. I noticed quite a few votes for Knebworth '86. Do we really want to see another 1986 concert before we get dvd's of shows from the 1970's?

5. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

It'd be cool to have Knebworth on DVD, as it was Queen's final concert. But I agree, they should release a few 70s gigs first.

6. Michael Allred

Michael
    I have made a change to the poll. I have removed Knebworth '86 and replaced it with Budapest '86. The reason for this is simple - Queen archivist Greg Brooks has stated that the Knebworth show does not exist in it's entirety on video, so a DVD of that concert is not possible. I apologize to all those who have voted for Knebworth, if you are one of those who did, please take a moment and re-cast your vote. Keep in mind that I cannot reset the vote totals that have already been placed for Knebworth without wiping out votes for all the others, instead I will begin keeping track of votes for Budapest seperate since it's vote will reflect those for Knebworth. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and I encourage all those who voted for Knebworth to vote again for another choice. Thank you for your understanding.

http://members.tripod.com/~evilbaby/Queenpoll.html

7. Michael Allred

Michael
    The recent on-line poll I conducted asking fans which Queen concert they'd like to see released on DVD next is now closed.

Here are the top 5 along with the percentage of votes they received;

1- Milton Keynes – 14.34%
    2- Earl's Court '77 – 14.19%
    3- Houston '77 - 13.03%
    4- Live Aid (just Queen's set) – 9.47%
    5- Hyde Park '76 – 9.44%

There were over 3,000 votes cast. Thanks to everyone who participated.