What's new

New Queen concert DVD coming! (1 Viewer)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Well, actually it's a re-issue but with some new extras!
"We Will Rock You", the 1981 concert in Montreal will be re-released on DVD by pioneer in September (the 18th I believe.)
There will be 2 seperate releases. The first will be the concert in Dolby Digital 5.1 sound AND an audio commentary by the band! The other release will feature a DTS track!
Check outwww.dvdfile.com for the news item.
------------------
My DVD collection--> http://members.tripod.com/~evilbaby/DVD_Collection.html

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
That's good. I want the tribute concert where Annie Lennox and David Bowie dueted. Must be a rights-mess, though.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I won't rebuy for that, it's not that great a show. I would like to see the "Kind of Magic" tour so as to get all the Highlander songs live tho
wink.gif

I hope that the videos will be on the Anchor Bay DVD
Jeff Kleist

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
You guys mean "Live at Wembley 86"? I'd like to see that too as long as it's not the 90 minute edited version released on VHS.
As for the Freddie Tribute Concert, with all of those artists....well that would be a huge mess to get clearances with from all of them. Would make for a fantastic disc though. They could include backstage interviews, the rehearsals, the FOX/MTV bits (including Spinal Tap arriving a day early....banging on the doors of Wembley.)
------------------

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
I couldn't believe it when I saw it!!
With all the great Queen concerts ever filmed and released in other countries, why are we getting the SAME ONE WE ALREADY HAVE???
Not everyone who already has it will re-purchase it (probably including me). Sales will not be through-the-roof. Queen will be deemed "not-viable" in the U.S. (again) and we will be overlooked for future, MORE EXCITING releases. This is MADDENING!! Who is running (ruining) that legacy??

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Well, I only have the VHS, and a commentary track sounds intriguing! Anyone know if the DTS version will include the commentary?

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Pioneer got the license to release the "WWRY" video....it's their ONLY Queen title so they're gonna milk it.
From how I read the report, both 5.1 and DTS discs will have the audio commentary.
We'll see more Queen DVD's in the near future, probably close to the time they put out the archive box sets.
------------------

Zack Scott

Stunt Coordinator
I am in a cross roads here. I am a huge queen fan and The We Will Rock You concert is one of my Demo discs. However I already have it. However it has commentary by Brian, Roger, and probably John. However The Dolby 5.1 is the same as in my original disc. However my Disc is in a Jewel Case. ARRRRGH!!!!! I'll have to wait and see.

David Albrecht

Stunt Coordinator
If they were gonna release a Magic tour video to DVD, I think they should go for the Live at Budapest. To my eyes and ears it sounds like the band and audience alike, put in more of an effort into this performance.
One of my favorite moments is Brian's improv, where he layers his guitar over and over, this just begs to be played louder and louder. Another moment that stands out on this video is the girl at the beginning of Under Pressure, as she snaps her finger while extending her hand into the air, right on beat. The way she was beaming is just fun to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks