What's new

New QUEEN A Night At The Opera DVD coming...! (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Tommy,

Are you sure they played ALL the "opera" tracks live? Sweet Lady? Seaside Rendevous? Good Company? Lazing on a Sunday afternoon? I dunno. And even if they did, it's doubtful they'd have footage available for all that.
All I'm saying is that the DTS 96/24 sounds pretty dang close to the DVD-A from all accounts so to get the album in that format PLUS some video footage for under 10lbs. is pretty reasonable IMHO.
And once again, Brian and Roger have been pretty busy this year, doncha think?? If I had a choice between touring again or hunkering down in a studio with 30 year old tapes, I think I'd be out there playing. And at least they put out their DVDs at a reasonable price. What were DURAN DURAN's, like $35-$40?!?!?!?

I totally agree with Michael about the aspect ratio thing and they seemed to have stopped that. Wembley, Milton were correct. And each of those concert dvds did have over 2 hours of bonus footage!

but what do I know...

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael

"Seaside Rendezvous" and "Good Company" were never performed live according to Greg Brooks' book "Queen Live: A Concert Documentary."

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I think an in-depth "making of" documentary interviewing EVERYONE involved in creating the album would be awfully interesting. Heck, I'd love it if they included that BBC doc on "Bohemian Rhapsody" from last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks