What's new

new projector question (1 Viewer)

rosnerdesign

Auditioning
Real Name
eric rosner
Hi guys,
I just bought a epson home cinema 1040 1080p 3lcd projector and i have what is probably a dumb question but here it goes.
My room is 11 wide by 15 long and the projector sits on a shelf about 18 inches down from the ceiling. I have to angle the projector down and have put a 2.5 inch board under the back of it to get the image to fit the screen right. That being said, I keep getting what i would call a screen shadow for lack of a better term that angle down on the side of the video I'm projecting. My projected image is the right size due to the keystone correction and rectangular but like a said I get this slanted dark shadow on each side. Am I doing something wrong or need to lower the projector? I really don't want to lower it since its such a small room and heads might get in the way. i also have a ceiling fan I am trying to project under.
PS: Not quite sure I understand the Keystone correction yet or the corner keystone thing

Thanks in advance

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
If you are using electronic keystone correction, then those slanted side bars are normal.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Your saying that this issue is something "outside" of the projected image? So your image is perfectly square but you have a dark "outline" outside of it?

Some projectors can have light leakage that causes such a thing. That may be it. If you have a dark boarder around the screen it shouldn't be an issue.

I would recommend against using an type of electronic keystone correction unless it it absolutely your only option to get a square image. Keystone correction degrades the quality of the image (due to the odd type of scaling required). The degradation may be subtle, but better to use proper projector positioning and lens shift (if those are options) instead of the easy keystone correction.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks