New project 2 duel Tempest sonotubes

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JoelM, May 23, 2002.

1. JoelM

JoelM Stunt Coordinator

Well I have the dual 25-31CS+ setup in my home theater room. Here is what I plan on doing now. After having all that bass in one localized room I've decided to expand. It's tough listening to music that is based in a room in the far corner of the house and enjoy it. As I speak I have 4 Tempests in back of my SUV which is very loud(150's db). I just upgraded to 2 Brahma's so I can save space and still use the 2400watts(2 JBL1200). I'm planning on making 2 duel sonotubes for the living room. I've ported enough boxes in car audio to know what I'm doing with the woodworking/freq port. Although sonotubing is something I've never done. I want to see if it is possible to equal or surpass a SVS. I may just build rectangle boxes and hide them behind the entertainment center. After all it's not the type of box it's all in the volume/port. Either way I will be sure to have a review.

2. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

Dual tempests should be able to compare/beat the dual 25-31cs. I think a better match for the dual tempest would be dual SVS Ultras. (At least for displacement)
    I have used tempest in a 214L box in my car and in my HT. The HT sounds MUCH better due to placement and fine tuning. Car subs just seem disappointing after a taste of audiophile bass.
    good luck, you can see my HT tempest here.