What's new

New problem: Shrek and Toshiba dvd players (1 Viewer)

Glenise

Supporting Actor
Anyone with a Toshiba DVD player please do the following if you have the Shrek dvd disc 2 and a DTS decoder:

Play disc 2 of Shrek and the DTS audio soundtrack.

When the camera angle icon appears onscreen or on the Toshiba dvd player display, does the DTS audio sountrack skip for a split second?

If this problem does or doesn't occur please attach your name to this thread along with your Toshiba dvd player model number and firmware number.

FYI, to find your firmware do the following:

Make sure no disc is in the unit.

Power on the unit.

At the Toshiba logo screen do the following:

Press zoom, 6,0,6,zoom.

After I collect all this data, I'm going to pass this info to Toshiba.

Showard, I found your Toshiba model number on your website. What firmware version do you have?

Here are my findings about the DTS audio soundtrack glitch on disc 2 of "Shrek" with Toshiba DVD players:

Toshiba SD1600 - pcdoctor (my unit) - DTS audio soundtrack glitch when camera angle icon appears onscreen or on the dvd player display.

Firmware 2.3

Will get it upgraded to firmware 2.5 sometime this month or next month.

Toshiba SD2200 - Jeff Skeith - DTS audio soundtrack glitch when camera angle icon appears onscreen or on the dvd player display.

Firmware ?

Toshiba SD3109 - Showard - No DTS audio sountrack glitch when camera angle icon appears onscreen or on the dvd player display.

Firmware ?

Toshiba SD6200 - dingo99 - No DTS audio sountrack glitch when camera angle icon appears onscreen or on the dvd player display.

Firmware 1.100[/COLOR/

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hi! Glad to help out. Sorry it took so long, but my receiver has been in the shop.

Toshiba SD1600 - Mike Frezon - DTS audio soundtrack glitch when camera angle icon appears onscreen or on the dvd player display. Firmware 2.3

Let me ask this, how does one go about getting a firmware upgrade? I've got so much to learn!

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
Can I ask a stupid question? Why do you have your DVD players set to have multi angle on? I assume thats what you are talking about with the camera logo pops up. I have Toshiba DVD player but have my multi angle set for off and have had no problem with the DTS track what so ever.

MikeM

Screenwriter
Glenise, yes, my Toshiba player has this "problem". Here's the info you asked for:

Toshiba 5109 - MikeM - Yes, a DTS split second soundtrack glitch when the multiangle icon appears on the screen. (Firmware v3.0)

However, here's a solution: Simply turn off the on-screen display, and there's no more split second "skip".

Hope that information helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.