New Poster needs help on a new TV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by CarlosO, May 15, 2002.

1. CarlosO

CarlosO Auditioning

I have a budget at around 1599. I want a 32-36" HDTV ready TV. I will be using it for DVDs, videogames, and some Cable...Time Warner Digital. I was looking at the Panasonic CT-32HX41, is this a good tv?

COM

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Welcome, Carlos. It sure seems like a good set. I've seen one in action, albeit not properly calibrated. Judging from the state it was in, I could see lots of potential for its picture.

3. CarlosO

CarlosO Auditioning

Thanks. I hope it does well. I had a 32" Sony Trintron and a 32" FS13 WEGA and i liked the WEGA but it just seemed to expensive for a TV that wasn't HDTV ready. I have been reading up and the Panny and i liked what i saw. I'm trying to upgrade my HT one piece at a time. Next thing i want is a Denon AVR-5800 [​IMG]
    COM

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

I certainly agree with you, that at this time, the NTSC-only WEGAs are not cost effective for a set that doesn't have ATSC specifications. That's a lot of money for a set that can't do line-doubling. Great sets, of course, but better can be had for just a few hundred more. (And I own an FV-series WEGA.)

5. Matt Sheeler

Matt Sheeler Auditioning

Have you looked at the Hitachi 32udx10s or 36udx10s? I have seen both, and like the picture on them. Around where I live the 32" goes for $1150 and the 36" for $1500.00. They are not flat screen, but I've compared it side by side with the Sony kv36hs20 which is a flat screen and to me the Hitachi had better color and a sharper image.