1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

New portable dvd players?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Ren, Oct 23, 2001.

1. David Ren

David Ren Stunt Coordinator

When are the larger screen portable DVD players coming out in the US? Sharp has a 8.7" one that came out in June in Japan but there's no mention of a US release.
    I currently have the Panasonic LV75 but 7" is just too small! I was looking to get one of the 8" players but they are so big and bulky.
    The new Sharp 8.7" supposedly weighs less than a pound, really small, and more than a million pixels, and has a TV tuner. Damnit, I want this!! Anyone know when it's coming out in the states (or other new generation players like this one)?
    David

2. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

I saw a 9" Panasonic listed on OneCall and Crutchfield web sites. It's DVD-Audio capable. No mention of the tuner though.

3. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    i still think buying a laptop computer is an overall better deal.
    ------------------
    -Thomas
    My HT

4. David Ren

David Ren Stunt Coordinator

Wow, the new Panasonic 9" looks cool. When did this come out? I wasn't even aware of it. It's a bit heavy (2.2 lbs compared to Sharp's 8.7" which is less than 1 poud) but it's still good. Any reviews of this so far? Does anyone know the cheapest place I can get this?
    David