What's new

New Polk RTi Speakers! You Heard It Here First Baby! (1 Viewer)

Brent_Sch

Stunt Coordinator
Does this mean they will lower the prices on their current stuff or will they continue to sell their current stuff at normal pricing for the time being?

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Well, Polk already reduced prices about two months ago.
eg. The RT55i was $580/pr, now $400/pr. at places like Crutchfield and CC.
My friend took advantage of the new prices and got one hell of a system for great prices and from great retailers.

Dan Stone

Stunt Coordinator
Speaking of new Polk speakers...has anyone actually heard the new LSi series? If so, how did they compare to the RTi series? I realize specs are exactly just that, but the specs on all the new Polks seem inferior to the comparable RTi models. Am I missing something? No dealers anywhere near me have the LSi series available to actually listen to.

Thanks for any info,

Dan

Thomas_A

Second Unit
Dan... one of the polk reps on the polk site took home I think the Lsi9 and tested it on his home stuff.. He said the only speaker close in imaging was the rt35i..wich was the closest to the newer Lsi sound. He said he heard detail in music he had never heard in his RT55i's... So i'm expecting the newer Lsi line to better at imaging and detail then the RTi's...wich I personaly have no complaint about. I have taken advantage of the discounts thus far and plan on picking up 25's/35's as they probably will discount more to make room for the newer RTi series.

Brent_Sch

Stunt Coordinator
I was thinking about getting some Polk speakers for a HT but should I wait now and see what happens with the introduction of the new line of products or will it really matter. I know if I go this route I'll buy from CC so I can upgrade within a year but is it worth waiting for the intro of the new line of products?

Also the Polk website says Feb. as a introductory date but does anybodyknow actually when in Feb?

Thanks

Brent

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I am waiting for the new model as well, the RTi28 specifically. I will add a center channel speaker later on. I could've pick up the RT25i but I noticed the crossover point has been lowered on the RT25i's successor, the RTi28. So if I get the RT25i now and get the newer RTi center channel later, I am afraid they will not quite match.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks