New player claims 1080i over component cables...

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Brad-L, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Brad-L

Brad-L Auditioning

This might not be new to this forum but Neodigits.com is selling a DVD player that has all the features of the Lite-On LVD-2001

here is a link

neuneo.com/shtmls/divxdvd/index.shtml

Does anyone own this player or have any comments on it? I was going to pull the trigger on the lite-on and then had to go away for thanksgiving. When I got back, the lite-on was nowhere to be found.

I got an HDTV that does 1080i, but I have no DVI port. Id still really like to enjoy the 1080i though.

Just to reinforce, here is question #7 in their FAQ

2. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

You may want to check this link. This player has been out a while and discussed over and over on this forum.

Liteon

Kevin

3. Shane Morales

Shane Morales Second Unit

He said it has all the features of the Lite-On, not that it was the Lite-On.

[​IMG]

4. Brad-L

Brad-L Auditioning

Yes Kevin I been reading all the Lite-on threads thats why I wanted to pick one up. [​IMG]

I was referring to the player which Shane linked a picture to at NeoDigits.com -I typed the link out because I dont have 15 posts yet.

It appears to have all the features of the Lite-on that is so popular around these parts but is difficult to find now that it has been discontinued.

The price tag is about 50 dollars higher give or take which I personally have no problem with as long as the player is quality.

5. Jay Blair

Jay Blair Second Unit

You might also want to consider the DreamX-108. It supposedly does 1080i scaling over component for $109 plus reasonable shipping cost ($12, I think). Just do a search for DreamX-108 on Ebay to find the seller. Looks like it could be a cheap replacement for the LiteOn 2001 and be virtually the same as the Neodigits unit but much cheaper. Also has the Scart connector as well as component.