What's new

New Plasma Problem? (1 Viewer)

Steve F M

Screenwriter
Just bought a new 42" Plasma. calibrated it with the DVE DVD and I'm not sure whats going on. While watching Hi-Def programming and it goes to a night scene or anything real black the picture gets like a weird tint almost like a gray picture where it should be black. Is this a faulty plasma or is the blacks real bad on this model?

Everything else looks great just any Blacks get a real funky look to it almost like a grey pixelaztion to it.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Which plasma? This is one area, black levels, where the newer Panasonic EDs seem pretty good compared to many of the other plasmas.

My friend bought a gateway ed plasma that did this, he returned it post haste. Got the panny and it was ooodles better.

Steve F M

Screenwriter
ESA Model from Circuit City. ESA Plasma at the store does not do this though on any black scenes. I was just there for an hour watching. Would a faulty decoder do this or should I return this

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks