What's new

New Planet P Project Album- FREE! (1 Viewer)

Jimmy Nugent

Stunt Coordinator
Tony Carey has made available the first part of a proposed trilogy of albums under his side paranoia-pop group Planet P Project. It can be downloaded at rates of 192 or 128 from here.

Its as reminiscent as it is different from his last phenomonal "concept" album "Pink World"- released some 19 years ago. The subversive-paranoid subtext reminds me alot of Roger Waters- although Carey tends to pound home his angst with a somewhat heavier sledgehammer. Is there such a thing as subtle paranoia?

In any case, if you're a fan of Tony Carey and his Planet P Project, or Roger Waters for that matter, you owe it to yourself to download the music. After all- how can you go wrong when its free with Tony's blessings...

Jimmy

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Jimmy, I have that 19 year old album. I also have the 7" pink single from it that I bought because it was pretty and maybe collectible too? I've only played the single twice. It's been awhile...

Jimmy Nugent

Stunt Coordinator
Rachael- Unfortunately I never picked up the single, but I do have P's self titled debut and "Pink World" on vinyl, tape and cd, in addition to the "Why Me?" cd single. incidentally, Carey's "Cold War Kids" is a really good disc, dispite having a creepy track dealing with incestual molestation titled "Uncle Bill". Paints a disturbing picture.

regarding the free album, 1931- Has anybody downloaded it yet? Not too bad for a 50 year old "has been". I'd be interested to hear what you opinionated folks think about this latest offering.

Carey's managed to stay busy and build up a respectable following in Europe. It amazes me how may talented artists fall by the wayside in the US because the suits fail to see thier marketability and potential.

Ah well- we still have Madonna, Brittany and half-dollar to worship...

Jaded Jimmy

Dan Lassiter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan Lassiter
I downloaded the tracks and listened to it today. It sounds pretty disturbing to me. Powerful statement about Hitler. Also a strong track about Waco.

The general feel of the "album" reminds me a lot of Pink Floyd.

The music and the performance are very good. Very strong progressive rock. I'll have to listen to it again, but my first impression was I liked it.

Jimmy Nugent

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the input Dan-

Yes, it does portray a disturbing and all too honest picture of society, from over a half a century ago through to present day.

I would also agree with the comparison to Pink Floyd. The last Planet P album "Pink World", shows similar influences.

Apparently, if enough interest is shown in this free offering, Carey will seek a distributor here for an official release. Its all tentative however. Hopefully it will do well. Apparently, when he presented a rough draft of "My Radio Talks To Me" early on with a European company, they flat out refused upon hearing Hitler prominently featured in the song.

Jimmy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks