New Planet P Project Album- FREE!

Discussion in 'Music' started by Jimmy Nugent, Jan 12, 2004.

1. Jimmy Nugent

Jimmy Nugent Stunt Coordinator

Tony Carey has made available the first part of a proposed trilogy of albums under his side paranoia-pop group Planet P Project. It can be downloaded at rates of 192 or 128 from here.

Its as reminiscent as it is different from his last phenomonal "concept" album "Pink World"- released some 19 years ago. The subversive-paranoid subtext reminds me alot of Roger Waters- although Carey tends to pound home his angst with a somewhat heavier sledgehammer. Is there such a thing as subtle paranoia?

In any case, if you're a fan of Tony Carey and his Planet P Project, or Roger Waters for that matter, you owe it to yourself to download the music. After all- how can you go wrong when its free with Tony's blessings...

Jimmy

2. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Jimmy, I have that 19 year old album. I also have the 7" pink single from it that I bought because it was pretty and maybe collectible too? I've only played the single twice. It's been awhile...

3. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Now I will have to dig out those old ones. [​IMG]

4. Jimmy Nugent

Rachael- Unfortunately I never picked up the single, but I do have P's self titled debut and "Pink World" on vinyl, tape and cd, in addition to the "Why Me?" cd single. incidentally, Carey's "Cold War Kids" is a really good disc, dispite having a creepy track dealing with incestual molestation titled "Uncle Bill". Paints a disturbing picture.

regarding the free album, 1931- Has anybody downloaded it yet? Not too bad for a 50 year old "has been". I'd be interested to hear what you opinionated folks think about this latest offering.

Carey's managed to stay busy and build up a respectable following in Europe. It amazes me how may talented artists fall by the wayside in the US because the suits fail to see thier marketability and potential.

Ah well- we still have Madonna, Brittany and half-dollar to worship...

Jaded Jimmy

5. Dan Lassiter

Dan Lassiter Stunt Coordinator

I downloaded the tracks and listened to it today. It sounds pretty disturbing to me. Powerful statement about Hitler. Also a strong track about Waco.

The general feel of the "album" reminds me a lot of Pink Floyd.

The music and the performance are very good. Very strong progressive rock. I'll have to listen to it again, but my first impression was I liked it.

6. Jimmy Nugent

Thanks for the input Dan-

Yes, it does portray a disturbing and all too honest picture of society, from over a half a century ago through to present day.

I would also agree with the comparison to Pink Floyd. The last Planet P album "Pink World", shows similar influences.

Apparently, if enough interest is shown in this free offering, Carey will seek a distributor here for an official release. Its all tentative however. Hopefully it will do well. Apparently, when he presented a rough draft of "My Radio Talks To Me" early on with a European company, they flat out refused upon hearing Hitler prominently featured in the song.

Jimmy