What's new

New PLANET OF THE APES information made available to HTF (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I just received further information directly from
the folks at Fox Home Entertainment concerning the
upcoming Planet Of The Apes release. The
studio seems very concerned that our members get
the most up-to-date information....

The studio says they are no longer able to release
the animated series separately as singles. They are
still including the animated series in the Ultimate
Collection (head) but were just not physically able
to get it re-mastered in time to release it as a single.

They are, however, working to do so.

The animated TV set is essentially a bonus that
the studio added to the Ultimate Collection for fans
to complete the Planet of the Apes experience.

Not bad news, just a slightly longer wait for the
animated series to be available on its own.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Thanks for the info, Ron.

At least they're still going to release it seperatly eventually. I can wait for it, instead of buying the 'Ape Head' which contains content that I already own. :)

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
I can wait, I would love for the animated series to get it's own cover/packaging since it's a bit more special "collecting wise" then the standard Ape fare.

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
Thanks Ron...I cant help but think Peter Staddon is still smarting from the spanking Fox got - way back in ancient days - when the first Apes release from non-anamorphic...I recall his pledge it would be the last non-anamorphic release from Fox, but the issue caused quite a storm on the forum here...ahhh...the good ol' days eh?! Way to go Fox...this looks like to be THE defiinitive release of a classic collection and as one of those who wouldnt bend on buying the original release, I look forward to this one with great relish!

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for passing that information along, Ron. But I wonder if this may at least partly be a good business-related move to (possibly) insure more sales of the Ape Heads to completists (like myself) who think the only way to get these cartoons is to go for the entire package.

At first I figured I'd just buy the entire Ape Head, but lately I was thinking about saving some money by maybe only getting the movie sequels separately in anamorphic, and then the cartoons on the side (once I heard they were being made available). I don't want this to come out too badly, but how can we be sure the plan goes forward to issue the cartoon series on its own at a later date? Anything can change, even with the best of intentions from Mr. Staddon. And once again, I know it's too late to include it, but the extra footage from BATTLE should be avaiable as well down the line; after all, Fox included it on the Japanese laserdisc box. :)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks,

So it's still definitely coming out... just not in time to coincide with the boxset?

If so, no big loss. As long as they can bring it out because at this point I've decided that I only want the cartoon series and 35th Ann. set.

Btw, a side-note to anyone who wasn;t aware, the animated series was actually made by Depatie-Freleng Enterprises, the same studio that produced the Pink Panther theatricals. :)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
It'd be nice if the extended version of BATTLE were available as either a 2nd disc or through branching.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks