New Pioneer Universal player

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Myki Cantero, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Myki Cantero

Myki Cantero Stunt Coordinator

I just found out that Pioneer is coming out with a new Universal player. At least my wait won't be too long now....
    At HomeCinemaChoice.com, it says...
    In Home Entertainment Show 2002:
    In the Grand Ballroom and Room 213, Pioneer will demonstrate many new and exciting products, including the new digital VSAX10 multi-channel amplifier and the DV-656A universal player. Also demonstrated will be the new DV-757ai universal player providing digital interface for connection to a matching Pioneer amplifier. Complementing these will be latest in plasma screen technology.
    And in Home Cinema Store, I am doing a cut and paste from their catalog:
    Pioneer DV-757 A DVD-Player
    [​IMG]
    • NEW Slim Component Design Player
    • DVD-Audio/Video / SACD Multi-channel playback
    • Aluminum front panel
    • i-LINK Digital Interface
    • “RW Compatible”
    • 108MHz / 12bit Video DAC + VQE7 progressive (NTSC)
    • 2 Euro SCART (w/RGB)
    • 2 S-Video out / 2 Audio/Video out
    • CD-R/CD-RW Playback
    • Speaker Management incl. DVD-Audio bass management
    • Legato Link PRO
    • Virtual Dolby Digital
    • Coaxial / Optical Digital Out
    • MP3 Capability
    • ZOOM Function
    I hope they have improved bass management and SACD quality. Does anyone have other info on this new model? Price? Where to buy? Reviews? Etc.?

2. DanielSmi

DanielSmi Second Unit

that's just the european version of the DV-47ai which we've known about for a while. they should come out either later this month or next month.

Daniel Smith

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Myki, I assume you are in Europe. As Daniel said, the '757Ai will be the European version of the Pioneer Elite DV-47Ai, which is coming to the US soon. The '757Ai will replace the '747A. You also mentioned a DV-65A, but I assume you meant the DV-656A, which came out in Europe recently. It is the European version of the Pioneer Elite DV-45A, which is just starting to surface in the US.

4. Myki Cantero

Myki Cantero Stunt Coordinator

Actually, I'm in Asia. Why didn't they just come out with uniform model numbers? hmmmmm

Here, the latest model we have for the universal player is the DV-S733A. I think it might be the same as the US Elite DV-45A.

As for the DV-65a, I just copied and pasted from the site, I'm sure it should have been DV-656a.

Ok, so I'll look for postings and reviews for the 47ai. I wonder what they'll name it here in Asia... DV-S744A probably.

5. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Myki, you think those model numbers confuse things, consider this. In Europe, the Pioneer DV-656A is a £400 interlaced universal player (DVD-Audio and SACD). In the US, the '656A is a $200 progressive-scan DVD-Audio player. It seems as though the Elite '45A will be the US equivalent of the European '656A, except that the '45A will offer progressive-scan output.