New Pioneer & Pioneer Elite Products Announced

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stan T, Jul 7, 2001.

1. Stan T

Stan T Stunt Coordinator

I just visited the Pioneer website (www.pioneerelectronics.com) & they've just announced their new product line for the fall. I'm interested in the new Pioneer Elite receiver. I currently have a VSX-39TX and it looks like the VSX-49TX will be replacing it. If I'm reading it correctly it will have be 160 watts per channel for 7 channels and it will have Dolby EX Surround & DTS ES Discrete. It will also have the 192/24 bit DACs for all 7 channels like the 39TX has. The 49TX also will have a multi-channel acoustic calibration system for optimum acoustic accuracy in multi-channel sound reproduction. The calibration system works by measuring the acoustic characteristics of the listening area and neutralizing the ambient characteristics that can "color" the original source material. That sounds interesting. It also has a lot more features that I don't have space for.
    They also announced new RPTVs for the Pioneer & Pioneer Elite line. The new Pioneer Elites will allow a progressive signal for all modes - they don't lock in full mode like the current models. They also have more new features.
    They also list a new slim-line progressive model for the regular Pioneer line that plays mp3s also. Finally they have a player that will do it.
    And finally they have a new updated Plasma T.V.
    A lot of good reading. Go to the main website. Click on "what's new" and then go to the bottom of the page & click on press room. It has a lot more than I can list here. I can't wait to get the new catalog to see release dates & prices.

2. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

Do you have a direct link?
    I couldn't find anything once I got to the Elite section,only the old models[current].
    ------------------
    "You Hungarians always disagree"

3. Stan T

Stan T Stunt Coordinator

4. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

I hope that the DV-444 is a true progressive unit instead of that dreaded DV-434 which only includes an internal line doubler.

5. Evelio Figueroa

Evelio Figueroa Second Unit

Woo hoo!!! Yeah!!! Uh-huh....Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh!!! [​IMG]
    (Kuzco)
    I'm going to replace my VSX-39TX with the VSX-49TX in my set up. The 39TX will probably go in another room. I'm not getting rid of it that easily!! I did that with VSX-29TX and with the VSX-07TX. Hmmmm...I wonder what the VSX-59TX will be like? [​IMG] [​IMG]
    So, how much will the 49TX cost? I bet somewhere around $3,000. Maybe more.

6. Spero D

Spero D Second Unit

Interesting about the Room Correction if it is that. But why no DPL-II?
    Spero D.

7. MatthewJ S

MatthewJ S Supporting Actor

now, if they can only improve the sound of their amps(and the [email protected])

8. David Susilo

Matthew,
    You don't like their MOSFET amps?

9. MatthewJ S

MatthewJ S Supporting Actor

I'm sorry, I have a tendency to be somewhat cruel and impetuos when speaking on something that I feel strongly about...that being said,the pioneer elite line (that I have sold off and on for almost 6 years)has always been my least favorite receiver line--- this is of course just my opinion ,but I will tell you that after having countless service problems with the line (including recalls for such minor issues as "fire hazards")and experiancing inconsistant "set-up" protocals and menus, as well as the consistant trouble that many of their receivers seem to have in driving even simple speaker loads w/o clipping ;I can't stomach recommending them any more....buy the way , from a purely selfish point of view ,this sucks, because they are the highest margin (and thyerefor most profitable) line of receivers that I could sell.It bites to have integrity. I sell Denon, Yamaha, sony (de, db, & es) and have sold other lines as well...in fact , it was the consistanty low (imo) quality of their amp stage that has directed my opinion in a negative way towards thx(crement)-- now, by the way, I have a thx certified receiver and don't meen to suggest that thx is all bad, just that I have heard some equipment that bears the rubberstamp and doesn't hold it's own against non-certified gear....i'm sure that some people will respond with countless tales of how wonderful they feel that the pioneer line is but I hear that about bose all the time as well! If you have had good luck with pio. in the past then good for you, but my opinion is derived from the experiances of lots of my customers and fellow sales associates... by the way there are good mosfet amps and not so good mosfet amps..just like there are good cars that don't use turbo chargers and some not so good cars that do

10. Stan T

Stan T Stunt Coordinator

Well I've always had Pioneer Elite receivers & have never had one problem with them. They always have sounded great & had great build quality. The VSX-39TX is the best amp that I have heard so far. I don't sell them but I sure do enjoy them.

11. David Susilo

Oh well, my entire studios, home theaters and studio staff are all using Pioneer Elite line (different models, but all MOSFET), we use more than a dozen of them since the (then) new 24TX started selling and none of them require servicing nor causes any problem whatsoever.
    As far as heat-related problem, well, MOSFET is hotter, and what about that Sony (can't remember the model number) that has heat problem which Sony does not acknowledge to be a fire hazard?. Also, where else can you find a 5-channel MOSFET for US$700? or where else can you find a 2-ch MOSFET for US$150 (A35R) ?