What's new

New Pioneer Elite 2002 prices (1 Viewer)

MikeSM

Auditioning
Have you seen the articles posted today on the TWICE (www.twice.com) site re: announcements at the CEDIA show?
Here is an except from the Pioneer section:
"The company was also to announce pricing on its new Elite series HDTV rear-projection monitors in the 53W-inch ($5,900), 58W-inch ($6,700) and 64W-inch ($7,500) screen sizes. "
Can someone confirm this? I thought prices were supposed to be coming down? It didn't go into much detail about changes for the 2002 model year.
Looks like an interesting show. Are any forum readers there and care to give a quick report?
Thanks,
Mike

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I spoke to a local retailer about the 64 inch model several days ago and saw the sheet with the features and $7,500 suggested list.

Jim Thompson

Agent
If those prices are accurate,then they are down.My Elite 610 (the 58")retailed for $7300.I bought it for $5800 in Dec of 99.Maybe not as much a drop as we might like ,but a drop none the less.Besides,most of us don't pay the suggested retail c'mon
wink.gif

------------------
Go sell crazy somewhere else,We're all stocked up here!

MikeSM

Auditioning
Well, I stand corrected. Not as much much of a drop as I had hoped for, but such is life.
Phil A, did you catch any features that made it different from the 2001 model?
Thanks,
Mike

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
One thing I've noticed about Pioneer MSRP's is that they are always way above what stores actually charge. I mean, I've never seen a Pioneer product in a store for anything close to the MSRP.
Andrew
------------------
ICQ# - 119869807

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks