What's new

New Pioneer DVD Changers? Suggestions for a current problem? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Chiusano

Auditioning
Please ignore the suggestions part of the thread title. I was going to pose another questions but I came up with an acceptable solution on my own.

My real question is that I am looking for any news/rumors out there about a replacement for Pioneer's DV-F727/DV-F07? I was hoping to see the same basic design with a progressive scan output and maybe an interface to download jacket covers. I know about the existing offerings from Faroujda, Escient, Sony, Kenwood, Marantz, etc and I like the Pioneer the best.

Jeff

Philip

Grip
I was considering the purchase of the same Pioneer DVD/CD changer, however I was told that the Toshiba 3750 progrsssive scan would look better with my Toshiba 40" widescreen TV.

What are the opinions on the Pioneer DVD 300 disk changer compared to a Toshiba progressive DVD and are there plans for Pioneer to release a progressive 300 disk changer?

Phil

Philip

Grip
TO clarify my last post...I would be using component video outs from the non-progressive Pioneer DVD mega-changer currently available at Crutchfield and other stores to my widescreen TV vs. a Toshiba progressive unit.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, I haven't heard anything about replacement for the DV-F727 or Elite DV-F07. They are long in the tooth now, so I would think that Pioneer would be replacing them soon. For some reason, Pioneer has been slow to offer budget progressive-scan players and DVD-Audio players in the US. Along those lines, they are behind the game when it comes to megachangers now. Their offering of the Elite DV-47A is a step in the right direction, however.

JerryLang

Agent
I also like Pioneer, but if you can't find their new, [or soon to be released products] at their website, how will I know if I should wait, or buy?

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
Jerry I haven't heard about any new Pioneer changers but the place that I go to on their website to hear about new products is the press room at the bottom of the front page on their website. Any new products have press releases there before it shows up on their regular products pages.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks