New pics of Sonosub and 281s are up!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brett_A, Feb 5, 2001.

1. Brett_A

Brett_A Stunt Coordinator

Well here is the link
    http://members.aol.com/eplbrc/HT
    I am now waiting on some 81s for the surrounds and the center channel kit when it comes out. May build a flexi as well this summer.
    ------------------
    Brett

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

They turned out nice! Gotta love the matching blue decor of the shades. Are you happy with the 281s and the Shiva sub?
    ------------------
    PatCave ; HT Pix ; Gear ; Sunosub I + III ; DVDs ; LDs

3. Brett_A

Brett_A Stunt Coordinator

I haven't got to test the 281s much but from the selective tracks I have listened too(Gladiator DTS, DTS Demo and Metallica S&M) I am very happy with them. My previous speakers were some DCM KX12 or something like that and I was happy with those also but the Adire kits are very impressive for the money. Listening to Gladiator last night was a very good test for the 281s and they performed flawlessly. The bass excursion is a little less than I expected but maybe I am a little jaded from listening to my SOnosub for a few weeks before I finished my mains. I am overly pleased with the Sonosub and Fidek combo. That has been the best piece I have added to my system by far.
    Oddly enough I am getting rid of the miniblinds and getting shudders so they won't match any more but I wasn't looking for matching but a statement similar to Mike K's Cheeky Monkey but with less pizazz [​IMG]
    Pat,
    I noticed on another post you mentioned the seems and I would agree with you on that that they are a little bit of a problem to make 100% flush and make look top notch. If I had to do it again I may have gone with a different finish method. Painting is tough on a large surface to make it look really good. Staining may have been a better option or veneer. I am still gonna build grilles for the front of my 281 and the top of the Sub as you can see the grille fasteners in the pics. I will post more pics and a better review of the speakers soon.
    ------------------
    Brett

4. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

you're not related to Mike Knapp are you LOL
    Looks like they turned out great...
    ------------------
    The Pratt Home Theater