New pics of my setup, 56k warning

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Scott Goldsmith, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Scott Goldsmith

Scott Goldsmith Stunt Coordinator

I got my Harman Kardon PA-5800 amp today, got a great deal on it, 5x80watts, being used for my multi-room speakers. I haven't tested it out yet, I still have to install the Klipsch In Walls in my bedroom first. The thing is flawless, just awesome! Here's a pic of it...

[​IMG]

And here's some pics of the "getting there" setup [:bigsmile:]...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me know what you think! [​IMG]

2. Alan Pummill

Alan Pummill Screenwriter

Nice starter system!! No, it is very....nice!!

3. Aaron_Mum

Aaron_Mum Stunt Coordinator

To go with the black curtains, black gear, black couches, black side table, black TV you gotta get a big Johnny Cash "The Man in Black" poster to go with it. Fully embrace your lack of color!!

Nice system, let us know how the HK performs.

4. Scott Goldsmith

Thanks Alan!!

haha Aaron, that's funny! I would love to put some movie posters in the room, I have "Underworld", "Blade III" and "Resident Evil 2", but alas the wife says no, they go in the game room (den). The room has a good amount of color, you just only see this little part, the floor right next to the room is Maple wood flooring, then the den is right there in a nice Library Red (mahagony). The walls are Tan colored, the carpet is tan colored, and since everything is else is black, no need to clash colors, and plus I LOVE black stuff [​IMG] I would much rather have Maple RF-7/RC-7/RF-5's right now, but our last house (when I got all the Klipsch) wasn't setup for Maple [​IMG] Oh well, I like the way this house looks now.

5. Bolivar G

Bolivar G Second Unit

Man your system must sound Killer.Looks great. I just went Klipsch myself. Got the RB-75's and the RC-35 matched with a HSU VTF-3. You have the big brothers of what I bought so I can only image how yours sound. Do love the sound of the Klipsch horn, Clear and detailed.

The only thing I like better in mine is the magnetic grills on the New Klipsch Reference line [​IMG]

6. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Second Unit

Some very nice gear you got there Scott, do you think the Monster 2600 was worth it? I am considering buying one provided I can get it for under $200 on eBay.

7. Scott Goldsmith

Bolivar - Thanks, it does sound amazing, I had a RF-3 setup before this and there was a huge difference between the 2, I love this setup and will always have it!! Eh, I'm not a big fan of the magnetic grille, you can easily knock the grille off be touching it, at least I could at the store when I checked out the new line, with my peg style grilles they are in there, I have never broke one off either. Also I like the older cone design better than the new inverted style, but at least they still sound good [​IMG]

Matt - Thanks, I think the Monster 2600 was worth it, I think I got it for $150 new from a hookup a while ago, so it wasn't too bad, and it's good protection, and looks cool [​IMG]