What's new

New Pics of HT with Polk RT-3000's in Place... (1 Viewer)

I just recently added two Polk Audio RT-3000's Lower half subs to my HT. Well one is in the other is being repaired. I have one in the wall already and the other side is cut in waiting for repair to complete. I also have Pics of the new furniture in place.
I am was using a single CT-120 Velodyne, and I am going to experiment when I have both 3000's as to what I'll do with velodyne in future. I am thinking of going Large with the fronts using the 3000's and the RT - 55's together and the CT-120 as the LFE. Currently I am using the CT-120 and the one 3000 on the LFE out and the rt-55's are controlled by the reciever cross overs. May run the 3000's as LFE and leave rt-55's as smell and use reciver still, and get rid of veodyne justing waiting to exeriment when I have both 3000' in place.
So far the 3000 is much more musical then the Velodyne. I know where the term (boomy and Boxy) come from now. the 3000's are very tight and neutral compared to the velodyne. the Velodyne does seem to be better for HT though moves more air and louder. I'll post more when I get everything set. Also pics may be slow to post, should be uo by 9:30 am est. Rizzo......
http://community.webshots.com/user/rizzdog

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Dylan:
Nice setup. Send me your link and I will put you up on the members page.
If you want to frame your movie posters go to http://www.showoffdisplays.com and give them a call. I have several of the black metal ones and they are easy to set up.
Parker

Just got off phone with CC, and said second RT-3000 should be in today by noon on their service truck. Yahoo hope it makes it in so I can spend some time tweaking this stuff...Rizzo..

I really like the Sony; However when I bought it I had not yet finished my basement off, and now that I have such a good room built I wish I had one of the new Sony DLP's with a 80+" widescreen on the wall. Hopefully in a few years I can muster up the strength to move the Sony back upstairs to livingroom duty and rig up a front projector. Also CC was not able to complete repairs yet hopefully done by Friday, and I'll post then on the new Rt-3000's...Rizzo....
------------------
-Sony STR-V333ES
-Polk Audio RT-3000's W/Polk Audio RT-55's used as Satelites.
-Polk CS-400 center & Polk MIII's for rears.
- Velodyne CT-120 subwoofer.
- Acoustic Research cables & connects.
- Monster cable XP-HP speaker wire.
- Philips DVD player.
- Sony HI Scan KPHS61 RPTV

Luke_Y

Second Unit
Dylan, Looks great!! :)
Question, Are the RT-55's rear ported and if so how does the wall enclosure affect their sound? I have often thought of doing the same but would be afraid to cut and finish the walls only to have the port interact poorly with the enclosure.
------------------
Luke

RandyL

Agent
Looks great, and I love those Polks! You may want to trim out the speaker openings, it would look more finished and less "here's a hole in the wall, and oh yeah there's a speaker behind it" :)

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Very nice setup. (Begins thinking of lugging that Sony up a flight of stairs....ugh)
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Greg Risley

Second Unit
Dang! I bet you kick the crap out of the "rice burners".
Oh sorry I was looking at your 'stang pics. I would love to hear car come off the line. Ain't nothing like them pony cars. Nice theater too.

James D S

Screenwriter
Dylan,
Great setup!
If I may make a suggestion, though, install shelving and elevate the receiver to the top of the stack. Trapping the ports on the top is a good way to shorten the life of your amps. And that would be a shame.
I also agree with Parker, framing your posters is a low cost way to add real class to their presentation.
Keep us posted on how everything turns out.
Later.

Luke,
I did not notice any difference myself with the enclosure or without. If anything the enclosure gives a slight increase in sound. The enclosures are made of solid sheets of a compressed board material and nailed at the seems. I accidently left a 1 1/2" gap at top of 55 openings(set framing to wrong side of line LoL...)and I think that worked for the best. As for the 3000's I don't notice any difference either. The openings for the 3000's are not boxed in though so they have the entire 3 foot wide area behind the entire wall for air (no restriction accept opening they are in).
Randy,
I debated trimming out the openings in the same casing I used for entire basement; However I wanted more attention to be focused on the speakers then the wood work. I choose to finish all the outside corners around the TV in MUD, not a fun job there is a lot of mud behind that paint I'm no expert drywall. For the rest of the openings I used paintable trim about 1/8" thick, and painted the insides black to hide the openings. At movie level lighting you can barely see the speakers(with grilles on). Trim maybe an option down the road I want to add a 6" crown mouldings around the entire room someday(used to hide speaker wires.
James,
I am starting the shelf for ES as soon as I post this I should have done that A long time ago, and I'm in middle of vacation now so it is time. Funny thing on frames is that I ordered them at same time I ordered posters form a place called FRAMES USA. Prices were good and after they didn't show up I called and my order never made it into there system(placed over internet. I never ordered them again. Those will eventually make it in to, along with a EXIT sign over door, and A display for Hallway outside door that's shows " Now Playing" with the bock letters for movies and such. Maybe someday a popcorn machine.
------------------
-Sony STR-V333ES
-Polk Audio RT-3000's W/Polk Audio RT-55's used as Satelites.
-Polk CS-400 center & Polk MIII's for rears.
- Velodyne CT-120 subwoofer.
- Acoustic Research cables & connects.
- Monster cable XP-HP speaker wire.
- Philips DVD player.
- Sony HI Scan KPHS61 RPTV

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks