What's new

New pics and improvements. (1 Viewer)

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
My site has been updated with new pics. :)
I put up some shelves behind the sofa so I can have a place for the rear speaker and the remotes.
There is also a screen shot of the RPTV with the strange problem I'm having. I'm not sure if its a "problem" but I think it is one since nobody else has it. :) You see, the progressive picture from the DV-37 is extremely bright. I have to turn the contrast all the way down to get what I want from the Video Essentials DVD. (More is explained at the site.)
I also have a shot of the cooling fans and instructions on how to put it together. :)
http://www.geocities.com/figarou_dvd

Brad Ems

Auditioning
Nice setup, Evelio. (Voce' e' Portuguese?) A beautiful screen shot. I'm a Klipsch fan, too (Reference Series). Do you hit your head on the rear center speaker?
------------------
"Nothing is quite so permanent as a temporary government program."
- Milton Friedman

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
hey cheif,you aint missing much at our group,we even had a small flame war but since hal handed me the right to the group i showed them the way out,they were unknowns anyway.hal got a thx reciever(pioneer i think) and kidd is thinking about getting a new toy for his projector
good looking shelf there.i still dont understand why the sc-1 is not rear ported like the other speakers.lucky for you right?still sit on the floor or are you using the couch now?
i have no clue about the contrast issue but i might try the fan system.i want a bigger rack for my gear but we are getting ready to do a small remodel and i dont yet know where it will fit,i might just build in some shelves
------------------
"And the horse i rode in on?"...Marge Simpson

Brad Ems

Auditioning
Sorry, your name appeared to be Portuguese, not Spanish. I was asking if you're Portuguese.
Nice setup, either way.
------------------
"Nothing is quite so permanent as a temporary government program."
- Milton Friedman

Mariano

Agent
Evelio, nice HT setup, congratulations :)
Glad to see another hispanic here, where are you from ?

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
That was pretty ingenous the way you mounted the rear center speaker. That little hole seems perfect for it.
Before, I had the rear speaker on the sofa itself. I could sit on the sofa, but I couldn't lean back against the pillows. With these shelves in place, the sofa had to be moved 8 inches from the wall.
I hope there is no other channels added in the future!! I'm running out of places to put the speakers! :)

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
evelio,you need the upgrade i had last year...a new house.we are paying less and have more room..not a bad deal.what was even sweeter is we got $2000 of the downpayment back in a rebate
------------------
"And the horse i rode in on?"...Marge Simpson

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Hey Evelio, nice setup. I'm a long time Bjorn's customer, too. I should have hit him up for a THX demo disc, also.
wink.gif

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
I'm a long time Bjorn's customer, too. I should have hit him up for a THX demo disc, also.
You know, I lucked out with that THX disc. Bjorn always had that DVD locked up in his office!! Only he demoed it.
He was able to know me better from a customer survey I sent in. I received one in the mail and said a few interesting things in it. He told me that he read it in front of all his employees in a meeting. I was surprized to hear that!!! Like I said, he knew I wanted one badly!! You don't see many people like him these days!!! :)
It would be nice if a San Antonio member hosted a HT "get together" I'll bring this DVD so everyone can check it out! :) I can't host one. This apartment is small.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks