What's new

New Peter Gabriel album (1 Viewer)

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I love I Grieve from the new album. I don't think I've heard a song before that so perfectly pinpoints the feelings of loss when someone close to you dies. Wonderful.
True, it starts very haunting but ends on an up note. A very powerful moving song.

The entire album has grown on me and is easily one of his best.
I urge everyone to give this a listen, it may take 3-4 times til you get the moods.

I also love the beautiful song "My Head Sounds LIke That".

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I urge everyone to give this a listen, it may take 3-4 times til you get the moods
I truly agree with your statement. The first time I listened to it the CD it was a bit of a disappointment. I didn't listen to it for weeks, then put it in the CD player on the way to concert and was starting to get into. After the concert I was totally into the CD. We listened to it on the way home and just loved the disk.

Give it a few spins, it will rub off on you if you didn't quite enjoy it the first time around.

Paul

John Geelan

Screenwriter
After seeing Peter Gabriel live the other night and from the extra listening I have done to the Up cd, I just may have to buy the upcoming SACD. Even though it may not be a Multi Channel release (has this been confirmed either way?).
I would be intrigued to hear the Blind Boys Of Alabama in the warm wash of SACD sound.
Count me in for another SACD purchase :emoji_thumbsup: .

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Yeah, that was some stage set-up. I'm hoping PG does a dvd of this tour.

You all have got to see the Ball section during the song "Growing Up".

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
Anywhere I can get setlists for his shows? Or maybe I should say setlist as is sounds like there may be little, if any difference, from show to show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks