New Peripherals for the Gamecube!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Cameron Seaman, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Cameron Seaman

Cameron Seaman Supporting Actor

Reuters is reporting that Nintendo will announce new peripherals for the Gamecube tomorrow.
    From Reuters
    And Planet Gamecube is saying that this is not the "Big" announcement Nintendo has planned for December.
    From Planet Gamecube

2. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

I'll start the speculation with colored Wavebirds and a keyboard.

-Dave

3. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

I'm more interested in this supposed "Big" announcement. Any speculation about that?

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

The announcement tomorrow is probably something related to software, like a Pokemon game on the GameCube that is a FULL Pokemon game or another Mario/Zelda/Metroid game in development. Miyamoto said they're developing multiple Mario/Zelda games at once in order to speed up the time between games in different game series.

It could also be an online game, some online modes that can be unlocked in current games (like Mario Party 4), or a new Donkey Kong.

I'm guessing the big announcement is the GBA2. Not a new GBA, but rather a technical upgrade. There were already lots of rumors about it and Gamers.com had an article about it a while ago.

5. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

Colored Wavebirds are a no-brainer. They should have launched them with at least 4 colors to begin with. I have 4 Wavebirds and each time I play, I have to look at the dial and make sure I have the one dialed into the first controller port, and so on. Colored Wavebirds w/ colored recievers would make life just a little bit easier.

6. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

7. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

I agree that everyone would want one, but if they announce it now and don't deliver within the next week, many people will hold out for the new version...thus cannabalizing the sales of the current one right now.

Anyways, regardless, I'm going to hold out for the new one. I've played the GBA and I like everything about it, except trying to find the perfect viewing angle when playing it; a backlight would be a godsend.

8. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

9. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I hope it's some online titles...

10. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

I wouldn't think it would be anything like different color controlers. That just seems to be too minor to have Reuters run a story about. Or at least I hope it's not that minor.
    Whatever it is... It's gotta be good. Add whatever it is to Metroid this week, and Glen's a happy boy. [​IMG]
    Glen

11. Cameron Seaman

I was up late, so I decided to stick around for the announcement. Keep in mind that this is for the Japan market only, for now.
    The new peripheral seems to be something of a "Super Gamboy Advance" that allows you to play GBA games on the Gamecube.
    Check out the details here: http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.c...n=item&id=3703
    [​IMG]
    Now we wait for the BIG announcement next month! [​IMG]

12. RudyN

RudyN Supporting Actor

Rudy Nunez
  13. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

Hmmm - kinda weak. DIdn't they have this before for the N64 and the GBC (I think I remeber seeing that.) Bah - using a console to play a handheld game - uh, no thanks.

14. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

15. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I've been waiting for this announcement for some time. I thought it would just be a disc with the GBA cable, but the hardware option creates more interesting possibilities.

Some people are completely disinterested, but you'll be surprised how many gamecubes will have these little bases attached come May.

16. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

I know mine will be one of them. I would love to play my GB/GBC/GBA games on my TV. I never had the Super Gameboy for the SNES, so this will be my chance. [​IMG]
    Glen

17. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

18. Trevor Harveaux

Trevor Harveaux Stunt Coordinator

But you can ALREADY play your GameBoy Advance on your tv. I've seen them being sold on Ebay, and we have one here in the office for doing screen captures.

19. Cameron Seaman

20. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

Oh, I will be getting one of these, no questions asked.

I do have one question. Since the GBA and all GB systems are the only nintendo systems without territorial lockouts, wouldnt the japanese peripheral work on the american system?

Wait...it wont, since it needs a boot disc. THat will have the lockout. DAMMIT.

Was wanting to import this early like I did my GBA. I imported that two months before the american release, and it plays american games.