What's new

New PC Plus is a beast --It 's scary!! (1 Viewer)

Tim Stumpf

Stunt Coordinator
Just took delivery of a b stock SVS 2039 PC Plus. I had been using a dayton 10" from parts express which was not bad at all. So, I hook up this new big black cylinder, and like a good doobie, I calibrate before doing anything else. Finally get it fired up and start looking for some demo material. At first, I'm thinking okay this does not seem that much different than my dayton. And then....we hit a hot spot in what we were listening to and bammmmmmmmm and booommmmm. I could feel this wave of sound that I had never felt before go through me and my chair. It's actually kind of scary the first time you feel it. Maybe we humans are hard wired to have a viceral reaction to big rumbling sounds... I think bass like this somehow taps into our emotions somehow. Anyway that's my initial impression. I have to find more good demo materials and I'll probably start with the usual suspects. I'm looking forward to getting to know this beast of a subwoofer. I'm in a condo right now, so I can't take full advantage of its power, but I'll be moving into a house soon and then I'll get to really try this thing. I'm glad I bought earthquake insurance because I think that I may need it. My only question / complaint. Wasn't I supposed to get a t-shirt with this thing (I was actually looking forward to wearing and explaining to people what it means) I did get a pen, but that's not as much fun!!

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
My only question / complaint. Wasn't I supposed to get a t-shirt with this thing (I was actually looking forward to wearing and explaining to people what it means) I did get a pen, but that's not as much fun!!

It seems as though the T-shirts come and go. Actually the shirt is not to be expected. I have received them and then I haven't in other orders. I'm sure they do run short on them also.

A guy would think he would get a few questions his way regarding what is a SVS in wearing the shirt. It has been my experience that this does not happen. I am kidded by my family how much I wear mine and the only question I have ever gotten was "do you like to bass fish";) I keep wearing them though.

Another thing is that unless your 200 lbs or larger the shirt will not fit. We have fun every now and then joking about it. There are some XXXL super-dooper sizes floating around also that you could make a tent out of. One of mine is this size and looks like a dress on my 180 lb frame.:) But then SVS has never claimed to be a custom fit apparel store.

It's very nice of SVS to include a shirt in a order but like mentioned, not to be expected. I'm reasonably sure I wont be receiving one in my next order either :D

Congrats on your new subwoofer:emoji_thumbsup:

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Tim,

We don't give out free t-shirts often. They are available on our accessory page (and we just got in the new PB2-Plus shirts not yet posted on the shirt offerings though) so most folks order one to slip in the box so there are no shipping charges.

Sometimes we have a delayed shipment or an order mistake that'll garner a customer a freebie, or a customer on his 3rd, 4th (and yes, even more) SVS purchase and you can imagine the factory crew will toss in a shirt in instances like that.

Free shirts (like "Free Shipping" offered by some retailers) on all sub orders would naturally require prices that no longer make such things "free" in reality. This is a competitive market and every $ counts towards keeping the business moving ahead and top quality components in your subwoofers I'm afraid. If you were promised a shirt by someone during your order process for some reason though please let me know!

Take care and thanks for going with our PC+ sub. It's really quite a package.

Ron

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
A PB2+ shirt?! Can't wait to see those posted, I want one!

I too wear my shirt quite often and I don't get asked much about it. However, I do make a point about what brand sub I own when appropriate.;)

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Well believe it or not we've shipped a few and I haven't gotten one here at my location either. As soon as I do we'll get them up for sale. The printer forgot to hold some for me ;^(

Ron

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I proudly wear my SVS T-shirt! AND will definitely have one of the PB2+ T's.... I just can't imagine how big those little teeth will be!

Tim Stumpf

Stunt Coordinator
Did not mean to make a big deal out of the shirt. The post was meant to be about the subwoofer. It's such a side issue that it does not even matter. I just had it in my mind somewhere after reading the forums that one was included.

My bad.

Probably should not have used the word complaint in my post. I'm sure thats what got Ron's antennae up. Back to the woofer. I acutally feel sorry for my poor neighbors right now. I'm trying to be good, but I have this crouchng beast hiding in the corner of my living room, whispering to me: "go ahead, turn me up, let me breath, you wont be sorry, I'll make you happy!!".

So, who am I to argue.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I never got the impression you were making a big deal out of it Tim. In my playing around I am the one who went to far imo.

I Publicly apologize to SVS and the Forum. Poor choice of words on my part and humbly see where I went wrong after looking back. My playful spirit mixed with my big mouth doesn't serve me well at times. Still no excuse for my lack of judgment.

Anyway glad your enjoying your new SVS so much and decided to give it a chance. I remember you asking about it in another Thread prior.

I have this dark black tube hiding in the corner of my living room behind my mains, whispering to me: "go ahead,

Do you find that the tube blends in and hides away much better than what maybe you expected?

Tim Stumpf

Stunt Coordinator

Actually, I had no expectations about hiding the tube. Had not really thought about it to be honest. I'm a single guy, and so I don't have the WAF to deal with. My plan was, when I have friends over to not mention the tube and to wait and see who notices it. I'm guessing it will be noticed once we start listening. I'm also in trasition mode right now as I'm packing up my home for a move so looks are low on my list right now. Once I'm in my new home, then I'll start to think more about how the tube blends in with my living room.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Sorry to help take the thread in another direction, Tim. I'm glad you are happy with your purchase. I remember how I felt when I first purchased my PC+ last year so I can relate. It's awesome to feel those waves the first time!

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I just ask on account of how many find it blends in much better than expected. Their not little to be sure but with a 16" footprint in a corner it does not seem intrusive what so ever in my experience.

After the move from the condo into a house you will really be able to give it a good run. Must be quit a change moving straight from the DLS to a SVS. What a rush that must be.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Gee guys no worries! Just figured since it was a seemingly legitimate question that other potential customers might read about, that I'd explain how we handle shirts, mugs and other "Spiffs".

No harm and definitely no foul by any stretch. (Though I must admit that whenever we see "SVS" and "complaint" in the same paragraph in a forum or in an e-mail we try to determine if we somehow let a customer down. Immediately!

The SVS Board of Directors (yes, there really is such a thing, meets quarterly by law actually) discusses any such instances. Nice to know I can scratch t-shirt policy off the list for next meeting. Lots of other weighty issues to go over as the holiday season approaches after all. Far more exciting things besides t-shirts should be hitting the news pages in the weeks to come ;^)

Ron

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Far more exciting things besides t-shirts should be hitting the news pages in the weeks to come ;^)

WHO SAID THAT? cough

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor

When I ordered my 20-39PC+ I assumed it would be an obvious addition to my living room. I was wrong. Company didn't even seem to notice it until pointed out to them. When the lights were low for a movie, it was almost invisible. Now that I have a PB2-Ultra, however, company notices it right away (usually by asking what the thing is, and commenting on how gorgeous it is at the same time).

Congratulations on your new toy!

-Robb

Tim Stumpf

Stunt Coordinator

Well, the SVS and the dayton are not close to being in the same league. But, having said that, I have much respect for the people at dayton for producing a woofer like the tiny mighty at the $100 dollar price point. Unless you become addicted to base like many here have been, the dayton would be more than many people would actually need. It rattled the walls many times in the couple of months I've had it. It's going to go into semi-retirement as part of a 2.1 system I'm putting together from leftovers of other systems to do bedroom duty. Once I'm in a situation when I can turn up the sound as high as I want or can stand, I guess I'll really get to see what the new tube can do. I'm sorta in preview mode right now. I'll be in the new place by the end of July. Can't wait cause I'm living out of boxes now.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I agree whole heartily in regards to the DLS. I bought one a few years back to compare it to the WM-40 in a Thread. Although I ran a few 15" Velos at the time it was quit interesting seeing what a $100 could do if spent correctly. It was the first generation front firing DLS. I think it was Geoff L who came up with the name (Tiny Mighty) if memory serves me correct? Bang for your $$ budget sub, the DLS has proven itself over many times now looking back.

Unless you become addicted to base like many here have been, the dayton would be more than many people would actually need.

I would agree in part. The addiction really manifests itself in good quality bass. Coming off of a DLS as apposed to a SVS would be like coming off of a after lunch cigaret a day habit as apposed to a four pack a day habit. :wink:

Glad you stepped in Robb. Could I bother you to share what your impression was in regards to the TV ULTRA driver over the dB driver. PM me if you prefer?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks