What's new

New Parts Express Dayton Audio Elite Subs Designed By HSU (1 Viewer)

Chris Sherman

Second Unit
I got my new Parts Express catalog yesterday and was astonished to find their new line of Dayton Audio Elite subwoofers Designed by Dr. Hsu! They look to be excellent value in three sizes (HSU8) 8" 100 watt 30hz $198, (HSU10) 10"150watt 25hz $292 , and (HSU12) 12" 20hz 250 watt $389. They are down firing dual ported , 3/4" mdf design, much like Hsu's own STF line and also similiar to the subs Dr. Hsu designed for Outlaw audio. I just upgraded my several year old, but still perfect SVS 25-31 CS ISD sub for a 12" Outlaw LFM-1 Plus and really enjoy the 18 hz extension , one port closed mode, and don't mind sacrificing maximum output for maximum extension. If i did i might as well have kept the SVS sub in my system. The only area I see PE cut corners on the Elite line is the amplifier power, which is a bit below the HSU or Outlaw subs, but at the price points they are meeting I think they are offering unprecedented value for the money and going to fill the needs of many budget conscious home theater enthusiasts! If PE ever runs these subs as the "deal of the day" specials, they would be downright scary , deals. I think this is an incredibly smart move by PE to enlist the expertise of Dr. Poh Hsu and to create a line of incredibly affordable, high performance, budget priced subs.

grampi

Auditioning
Real Name
jim
I'm sure there are people who have this sub by now. I'd love to hear their review of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks