New Paradigm Speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken Custodio, Mar 2, 2002.

1. Ken Custodio

Ken Custodio Second Unit

I just got all new Paradigm speakers.

Monitor 9v2 $640 (Open box, someone bought the 11's instead)

CC370 Center $290

ADP 170's v3 $375

I can't believe the difference, I was listening to CD's and heard sounds that I have never heard on those CD's before. Definitly would recommend the Paradigm's monitor series for anyone looking to buy new speakers.

the ADP' 170's were v3's and I like the design much better than the old version, no more foam around the speakers and better styling. They also have some hefty weight for such small speakers.

They sound great (especially for the low price) and I hope they sound even better after they break in.

K e n

2. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

Congrats, thats the same setup I want to get after I get out of college and get a real paying job. Except I will move my mini monitors which now are my fronts to the rear instead of the ADP's. What receiver are you using?

3. Ken Custodio

Ken Custodio Second Unit

Right now I just have a Sony STR-DE835 receiver, it's an OK receiver, gets the job done for now. Its the next thing I am going to upgrade. (Unless all this DVI stuff with HDTV's settles down)

I was going to get the Mini-monitors for rear speakers also, but the salesman gave me a descent deal on the v.3 ADP's so I got them instead. I'm not sure if it was better to get those or the mini monitors. I have a hard time figuring out which rear speakers are best...not as easy as auditioning front speakers.

Ken

4. BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle Supporting Actor

I currently have the Mini Monitors up front with the CC-370. I have the Titans for the rears and a PS-1000 sub. I was on a strict budget so I couldn't afford the ADP surrounds. It would be nice, but My room doesn't accomidate them very well anyway. I have a wide room that is not very deep, so I have my Titans facing each other like Dolby specifies. They sound great. Of course, anything sounds great compared to the Bose speakers I had(I was young, uneducated, and fell victim to marketing [​IMG] ) I am amazed at what the Mini Monitors can do.
    Congrats on the new speakers. You will be very pleased. Just make sure to give them about 200 hours to break in. After that they will sound even better.

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I have basically the same setup as Brian (different sub), and I am very pleased with it. I also cannot accomodate ADPs, since I only have a partial wall on the right rear.

6. Ken Custodio

Ken Custodio Second Unit

I couldn't justify (Looking at my empty wallet) spending the money on the ADP 370's thats why I got the ADP 170's. Plus the ADP 370's are fairly big speakers, I would have had trouble placing them in my room. The 170's are definitly better than the Kef Coda7's I had for rear speakers.
    Now, all I need is another pair of ADP170's so I can do 7.1 [​IMG]
    Ken