What's new

new panny dvd player any good??? (1 Viewer)

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
What does everyone think of the new Panny dvd players?
I know they probably not as good as xp-30 are the old panny's. what do ya'll think. i have been looking for uni player and to my disappointment there are none that are worth the money. denon 2200 has very good audio but the video is very suspect. denon 910 is rated higher in video quality than the 2200. do know if the 2200 has the chroma bug? i'm hoping to get a very good dvd player but would like the audio too. i'm hoping to find a good uni but if not i guess ill get the denon-910 and wait for a miracle. what do ya'll think? help me please>>>>>>

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Huh? VERY suspect is probably going overboard. This thing has excellent video, probably one of the best PQ in it's price range. I was disappointed at the Secrets rating, but the review says it is a good player. I had the 910, and it was less than impressive, so I returned it and got a 2200. The 910 has Faroudja processing, vs Silicon Image, so it passes one or two more tests than the 2200, but that does not mean it is actually a better player. It DOES have the chroma bug also (so does the 2900), but it is so minor that even on tough scenes, it is barely visible.

Jonty Rees

Stunt Coordinator
If the industry would settle on a common format, the manufacturers wouldn't have to add cost and make compromises to please everyone - but of course they have only themselves to blame. They all want to differentiate their product, and they all think they'll capture 20% of the market - unfortunately there are about 20 of 'em!

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
i think i'm going to still look into the denon. i will probably go to my friends house and check it out for my self. can't pass on the 2200 for 289 @ecost. so what do ya'll think of the new panny's?? the only reason i ask is because i could get one pretty cheap i need one. THX for insight.

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
Last nite i picked up the pio 563a. it was on sale for 104$$
so i said what the hell. i picked it up. The progressive scan was not as good as i thought it would have been. still kind of grainy. And a little bit artifacts. this is my first progressive player. Now do they all send in 480. if i step and get like the bravo 1 or 2 would that take the artifacts away. i have not tried the dvd a or the sacd yet but i will this week end. my pio was mfg in jan 2004. do you think it has the up graded firm ware for dvd a? THX

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks