What's new

New Pan 53WX42 Color Question (1 Viewer)

Blair Lee

Agent
I just set up a brand new 53WX42 and CP72 DVD changer. The TV set is great, but I noticed something weird.

I was watching "Shrek," and Shrek just doesn't look green at all. He looks rather gray, in fact, although there is green to be found on other parts of the movie. There is definitely a fair amount of red showing as well.

What settings do I need to fix the color issue? I really love the sharpness and detail on this set/dvd combo but the color is pretty disappointing. However, I'm brand new at this so I'm going to say that it's due to a setup issue right now. ANY help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Evan Hartnett

Stunt Coordinator
I know this is going to sound obvious but have you checked the component cables on your dvd player? If you don't have one plugged in (or just not in all the way) or two of them are swapped it could make the colors look way off.

Blair Lee

Agent
Duuuuh....The cables were the ticket. The blue cable had worked itself loose after I plugged it into the back of my DVD player. I guess I should've been tipped off when the colors looked fine on DirecTV but only looked f'ed on DVDs. Thanks Evan, I owe you one! :emoji_thumbsup:

Blair Lee

Agent
So let me amend my original comments on this set and DVD player.
I *LOVE* it! :D The set's still brand new, and I've only done the basic user menu convergence on it. But even then the colors are detail are unbelievable with DVDs. Yes, DTV is not awesome, but you really can't expect perfection when the compression is done with the typical 320x240 resolution in mind.
Keep in mind that I'm a beginner to this big screen stuff, but I'm very impressed so far. Maybe my opinion will be tempered once the "new electronics" smell wears off, but for now I'm loving this new setup. Now, let's hope Black Friday brings about another price reduction. :emoji_thumbsup:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Blair,
Couldn't you maybe get Best Buy to pricematch against somebody like OneCall.com? They're an authorized dealer and currently have this set for just ~$1600 w/ free shipping. :emoji_thumbsup: I plan to just order it from them tomorrow.
Enjoy!
_Man_
PS: Can't wait to see LotR on it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks