What's new

New owner today-question about audio (1 Viewer)

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Just spent the last 5 hours calibrating the speakers, reprogramming the universal remote, etc.

I have a Mit 65711 with component only and I'm using 5.1 analog. I'll be getting, in the next couple of months, a connector for the rear of the TV to go from component to DVI. That way I can use the HDMI cable to up-convert my SD's.

My question is, in the "Set-up Menu" where it shows:

Digital Out SPDIF...Bitstream or PCM...which one do I use?

Digital Out HDMI...Auto, Bitstream, PCM or Downwired PCM...which one do I use?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

marano

Auditioning
Real Name
frank

I thought it did not matter, those settings should only apply to the digital connections.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
PCM or bitstream are BOTH digital, so it will not affect the analog outs at all.

I would highly recommend you use digital for DVDs because most receivers have better bass management than the player. So unless your player does SACD/DVD-A, you actually don't even need to use the multichannel analog outs.

marano

Auditioning
Real Name
frank

If he uses digital he won't be able to get Dolby Digital Plus or Dolby TrueHD

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Where exactly did you get that this is a BD or HD-DVD player? Nobody said he has to use digital only...I rather specifically said he should use digital for DVDs.

I have both coaxial digital and 5.1 analog connected with my Denon 2900 - digital for DVDs and analog for SACD/DVD-A. Works like a charm.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks