New Outlaw M-Blocks?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by chrisden, Dec 12, 2002.

1. chrisden

chrisden Agent

I checked Outlaw Audio's website and have discovered that they are coming out with a new monoblock amp. It is rated at 200 watts into 8 ohms and 300 watts into 4 ohms. They are allowing customers to place themselves on a waiting list for delivery once the m-blocks are ready to be shipped.

Anyone with experience with Outlaw receivers or amps want to express their opinions on these products. How do they compare soundwise and quality-wise with Rotel and Parasound amps?

Thanks in advance.

2. Thomas J. Coyle III

Thomas J. Coyle III Stunt Coordinator

Chris
    You might want to get on the Outlaw website and see what is being said on the Outlaw Forum.
    Regards,
    TCIII

3. T r o y

T r o y Supporting Actor

I have been an Outlaw owner for about 4 years. I bought their first 5 channel amp (750) and have been very happy with it's performance so far. Very clean and has a lot of punch for the money. I use my Yamaha DSP-A1 as my prepro.
    Glad to see that Outlaw has designed and is offering a mono-block type amplifier for those of us who are wanting to get into the 6.1 or 7.1 arenas. A very affordable amp at only
    $299.
    And if you've bought an Outlaw product before, they'll take $25 off that price. Not Bad!! [​IMG]
    Recommended!
    Regards
    Troy

4. Robert_Gaither

Robert_Gaither Screenwriter

I've heard the 750 myself (a friend owns it, great amp at a great price) and if the amp has a similar sound this should be an amp to consider especially for all those with AVRs with pre-outs and tower speakers. I am curious as how these would compare to the Le amps by Norh though...

5. David Lorenzo

David Lorenzo Stunt Coordinator

They are also comming out with a lower powered 7 channel amp in case any one is interested.

The 7100 will be $899 and is rated at 7x100 watts. Looks like a great product that fills a space occupied by no one else.

6. Steve_Corrick

Steve_Corrick Stunt Coordinator

If I am reading it correctly, Everyone has untill 12-31-02 to get on the Outlaw's M-200 reservation / waiting list and purchase two for 498.00 or X multiples of 249.00 when buying more than one amp - up to 7. Normal price will be 299.00 or 275.00 for previous buyers of Outlaw electronic products. I went ahead and reserved two, BUT - Anyone have suggestions for another quality pair of 200w Mono's or 2x200w per ch amp in this price range ? ($500-$600-NEW?)

7. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

The 750, and possibly the 755 and 770 are from ATI.

I know that the 200 is not. But presumably due to Outlaw's history, the 200 should be a winner.

8. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

I currently use Marantz MA-700's (200 watt monoblocks). I'd be really curious as to how the Outlaw monoblocks compare? Since the M200's weren't beta tested-it's a question that at this point can not be answered.

Ron

9. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

"I am curious as how these would compare to the Le amps by Norh though..."

So am I. I own three 100 watt "Le amps," which are actually manufactured by IRD, not nOrh, though nOrh markets them. Big step up from my Denon 3802's internal amps, but other than that I have nothing to compare them to.

10. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

Anyone bought the new Outlaw monoblock? Thoughts?

Ron

11. Brian Schucher

Brian Schucher Supporting Actor

Mr. Knapp over at HTT has seven of em....

12. MarcVH

MarcVH Second Unit

I have three of 'em, and they do represent a step up from the internal amps on my 3802. They seem to improve detail and make the midrange better; this is driving Paradigm Studio fronts (60s and a CC.) I don't have extensive experience with other external amps to compare them to, though.

They do hiss a little, but it's not audible unless you put your ear within a foot or so of the tweeter. The 3802 hissed a bit too.

The Outlaw discussion forums have more info on this. I haven't yet seen any detailed feedback from people who can compare them with Outlaw's multichannel amps or others in this price range.

13. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

Thanks guys...I'll check out Mike's website and the outlaw saloon (DOH!)..didn't think about that forum.

Ron

14. Mike Knapp

Mike Knapp Supporting Actor

Mike
    The Outlaws and the Marantz amps will have very different sounds.

I find Outlaw amps to be more open and crisp sounding than the Marantz, which are known for their warm sound. Both have their advantages and your existing equipment should be figured into the equation when purchasing any new gear.

Mike