What's new

New or used SVS pb12 plus 2 (1 Viewer)

Nathan s c

Grip
I've noticed that SVS did an upgrade to the Pb12 plus 2 drivers. I have a deal I'm working on for a used (about 4 years old) svs Pb 12 +2 that is supose to be in excellent all arround condition. The price to my door will be $865.00, Is this a really great deal or Is the upgraded model worth the extra $400.00.
Thanks for the advise.
Nathan

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
In my humble opinion, that used +2 is a very good buy if it is indeed in excellent condition.

Charles-T

Agent
Actually, I think he's asking too much for it, especially due to the fact that it's 4 years old! I would offer him $600 max and that's it.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I decided to upgrade to a colored model plus the Ultra. Found a local buyer for my PB12+2 and sold it for $600 a month or so ago. I thought that was very fair. It was in perfect condition but 4 years old. Even though these things are hot, every time they change something or even a number or name your going to take a hit. Plus its used with no warranty, thats the way I would look at it if I were a buyer. BTW that is a killer sub. Now that I have the newer ones which are great too, what I had really did the trick well, I am kind of over doing it now. Good luck

Nathan s c

Grip
Thank you for the advise it sounds like the used one is a little over priced.
I may just go ahead and bite the bullet and get the new one. Has anyone heard the new pb12 plus 2 in comparison to the old one?
Nathan

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member

This is a no-brainer because it will cost you $200 to buy both 12.3 drivers during the upgrade period which still puts you under the cost of a new Plus/2.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I have heard both drivers. Unless you had them side by side you would never know the difference. The new ones maybe a bit better but the older ones were already awsome.

Nathan s c

Grip
There is another post going on arround here that talks about the new nsd and plus drivers. It sounds to me that the new nsd which replaces the isd drivers out does the old plus drivers . So if the 12.3 plus drivers are only a little bit better than the 12.2 plus would it make sence to just buy a new SVS nsd +2 or whatever it is called.since my budget is arround $1100. I'd love to come in underbudget just once.
Nathan

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Nathan,

Why did you have to go and change my mind for me yet again! I was set on the Plus 2's. I was really considering the NSD-2 and now am back to that consideration. It is a $300 savings. Don't you think that the new drivers on the Plus 2 witht the extra 300 watts of power would beat the NSD-2?

Nathan s c

Grip
Jeff,
I'm Sorry really I am. I'm having the same problem, I can only use what I believe again what I believe to be as common sense. If the NSD out performs the old Plus drivers why spend the money if on a budget. If $300 is not a big issue then go for it. I think the NSD will be plenty loud enough for me. I also have 45 days to decide and see if I get any of my neighbors complaining. If no Complaints from the neighbors then screw the budget come to daddy mr PB12 Plus 2
Nathan

Jeff,
So much for my common sense. I just got a message from Ron at SVS and he says the new plus driver will have a lot better highs and lows as well as a lot more punch so I think I will go with the used PB12 +2 and upgrade the drivers.
basically making it a new sub.
Nathan

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
For only three hundred dollars I would go with new as well. Sorry read your initial post wrong. This way you have the new woofs plus a warranty and great people to help if you need it at SVS. Thats worth the extra right there...
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks