What's new

New Onkyo 702 DVD Changer out now, not very impressed... (1 Viewer)

Matt_Smi

Second Unit
Real Name
blank
A little while back I e-mailed Onkyo asking if a new model was coming out to replace the 701 DVD Changer, as it was on clearance every where, they replied stating that a new 702 should be out early summer to replace it. I was hoping that it may have SACD and/or DVD-A for around the same price the 701 originally was ($270). But looking at the player specs from crutchfiled (link below) it seems to have very few (if any) upgrades from the 701, none of them significant either. It seems like a solid DVD Changer for $200 I suppose, but I guess I was expecting much more. The Yamaha S1500 is still my main consideration for a quality universal DVD player for the time being.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-SAsxvsW...&avf=N&search=

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul

I'm afraid you're in for disappointment, then, as the Yamaha S1500 is a single disc player. I don't think Yamaha has a universal changer on the schedule for this year. Toshiba does. As far as I know, it's the first one to do so.

Matt_Smi

Second Unit
Real Name
blank
I’m sorry I should not have stated that it has to be a DVD changer, and I am aware that the Yamaha is a single disc unit. While I would prefer a changer, it is not necessary. I am mainly concerned with getting a high quality DVD player that has a great picture, and can play SACD and DVD-A. The Yamaha seems to fit this bill. I guess I will have to check out the Toshiba when it comes out as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks