New old car 1973 Mach 1 Mustang

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Cowmeadow, Feb 25, 2002.

1. Bill Cowmeadow

Bill Cowmeadow Second Unit

Picture post didn't work so try this link instead.
    http://www.geocities.com/d_cowmeadow
    351 Cleveland
    FMX Automatic
    All stock equipment
    113500 actual miles
    All matching numbers
    Any other Muscle car owners here?
    Post your pics

2. Vanessa

Vanessa Stunt Coordinator

Bill -

Can't see the car - your picture is broken!

3. Bill Cowmeadow

4. Dheiner

Dheiner Gazoo

John Dhein
    Sweet car!!!

(HT ain't bad either!)

5. Eve T

Eve T Supporting Actor

Yup I've got a muscle car one year older than yours. [​IMG]
    I love old cars.
    My 72 Dodge Dart Swinger
    Peace,
    Eve

Edit: PS. Nice looking Stang.

6. Kevin Coleman

Kevin Coleman Second Unit

Very nice Bill!
    I used to have a 69 Mustang coupe (not stock) with with a 351C 4V in it with the C6 transmission. It was a screamer I ran 13.30's in it at internationalwith 4.11 gears. Congratulations I love the fastbacks. A good friend of mine had a 69 Mach 1 with the 351 Windsor and the FMX transmission, he drove it pretty hard though and the tranny started slipping.
    Kevin C. [​IMG]

7. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

Another old Mustang guy here.... wish I had a pic to post but lost all my pics in a move several years ago. Anyway..... I had a Canary Yellow 67 fastback that was one of a few hundred built that year with a 390 ci, 780 dual line holley, B&W 4 speed,...... this thing would fly. Beat everything around.......

Then one day a doctor turned in front of me and totaled my stang..... I bought it back from the ins. co and had it rebuilt.... Had to buy a new engine, .60 punched 390 with headers...... This was simply the fastest thing I ever sat in and netted me way too many tickets in our small town......

8. John_E

John_E Stunt Coordinator

I have a 1965 Red Mustang Coupe. I've had it since 1989, and I'll never part with it. It originally had a straight 6 engine, but the head gasket went back in 1994. I replaced it with a 289 from a '66. The clutch and tranny are on their last legs, so I'm probably going to switch it over to an automatic over the next couple of months. Anyone have a parts car they want to sell?

I'll try to remember to post some pictures.

9. Sheldon

Sheldon Stunt Coordinator

10. Mike_Mack

Mike_Mack Auditioning

great thread.....i had a 1970 mustang mach 1 in highschool, i loved that car. 351 cleveland, 4 barrel, C6, red/w black stripe, louvers, hoodpins, spoiler and mach 1 wheels, fold down back seats..........i loved that car. raced it one afternoon after school and was hit by the other car, spun me out pretty bad. I had it fixed but at that time my old man had enough, made me bring it to every car show with a for sale sign on it. after a month or so and no calls he wondered what the problem was. I guess I was forgetting to actually put up the forsale sign[​IMG] gone now, wish I had some pictures to post.
    BTW...the car that I raced was a 65 mustang fastback 289 bored over and all tweeked out completely restored. I think the kid was pissed I beat him and made a stupid move and ruined both are cars [​IMG]

11. MikePeroni

MikePeroni Stunt Coordinator

I have a candy apple red 67 fastback. 302, 4 speed , lunati .512 cam, GT40 heads, Edlebrock intake and headers... Also went with aftermarket Weld wheels. Its awesome in the summer as it is a real head turner, but it sucks waiting out these Michigan winters. Personally I feel the 67 fastback is one of the greatest muscle car designs ever. It looks awesome from every angle! The best part about an old muscle car is killing a $25,000 new Mustang , Camaro...ect...[​IMG]

12. Eve T

Eve T Supporting Actor

I guess I'm the only odd ball with a Dodge

You did say post pics of your muscle car though didn't you? If you meant only Fords I'm sorry. :b

13. Bill Cowmeadow

Very nice Sheldon.
    Eve T. Any muscle car is okay with me. I am a Dodge Superbee fan. I had a 1969 back in 1978/79.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Sheldon

Sheldon Stunt Coordinator

I had a chance to buy a Shelby Mustang from Manitoba back a few years before I bought my Fastback.I think it was going for around 13,000CDN...if I only had the money back then.When I look back at it,it probably would have cost approx the same in restoration,parts etc for my Fastback had about 33 and change before I called it quits.Bill,I love the look of your car.The Mach1 was always a nice looking style.

15. Mark Leiter

Mark Leiter Second Unit

I've had 2 '71 'stang coupes. A 351C and a 302. Loved both cars. Lots of good memorys.
    I've since moved on to a '95 vette. Not quite a muscle car but still fast as hell.
    Here's the link.
    http://www.corvetteforum.net/c4/mark_leiter/

16. Jeff Savage

Jeff Savage Second Unit

Nice to see all the Ford fans. I have a slightly newer Mustang (1983) but I would still call it a muscle car. Check out the automotive page on my web site for details. The page is a bit out of date. My best time so far is 11.67/120 in the 1/4 but that was on the motor. I have still not done a timed nitrous run.

Laters,

Jeff