What's new

New Norah Jones coming 2/10!!! (1 Viewer)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
From http://www.musictap.net/

The big news here is the February 10 release of Norah Jones newest, now with a title. The album will now be named "Feels Like Home" and will be enhanced. The run is enormous and is expected to sell very well. Whether you caught this in one of our earlier posts or this is the first time you have wind of it, be sure to mark February 10 in your calendar of choice if you're a fan.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Can't wait.

Her first CD was a wonderful recording.

The media hyped her after jumping on the bandwagon, and the recording industry desperately tried to use her to help declining sales - but she's a real talent.

She'll be in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. If her new recording is similar to her first CD - people will cry formula. If she ventures into new territories, others will consider her a fluke.

I think it's a safe bet that her new CD wont sell in the same ballpark as her first (nor should anyone expect it to). Universal (owner of Blue Note) like all major record labels will have ridiculous expectations of course.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I hope they release SACD Hybrid day and date. I don't know why they wouldn't just go single SKU and release a hybrid for the general release.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee

You should, it is very good sonically. Not as open as some of the better DSD recordings but a big step up over the redbook. I should know; I have heard it dozens of times. :)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

I agree as the SACD cures the *mild* high frequency harshness that I hear in Norah's vocals when listening on my system.

The release of the Peter Mallick Group's "New York City" has gotten me all excited to hear some new stuff from her!

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Here's some more info on Norah's forthcoming CD:

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...cart=172798395
-------------------------------------------
Track Listing:

Song Title

1. Sunrise
2. What Am I To You?
3. Those Sweet Words
4. Carnival Town
5. In The Morning
6. Be Here To Love Me
7. Creepin' In
8. Toes
9. Humble Me
10. Above Ground
11. Long Way Home, The
12. Prettiest Thing, The
13. Don't Miss You At All

Notes:

Personnel includes: Norah Jones (vocals); Kevin Breit, Adam Levy (guitar); Lee Alexander (bass); Andrew Borger (drums); Daru Oda (background vocals).

Additional personnel: Dolly Parton (vocals); Garth Hudson (keyboards); Levon Helm (drums); Jesse harris, Brian Blade, Rob Burger, Tony Scherr

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
Is there any word of a possible SA-CD (hybrid?) release date, or are we fans going to have to double-dip this one?

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Greg,

I saw nothing about a pending SACD release on the CDU website, but that doesn't necessarily mean there won't be one.

Brian E

Screenwriter
Someone on the Steve Hoffman forum checked with Blue Note & they said no plans for SACD at this time.

Here's the exact quote...

Here's a link to the thread over there...
http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/sh...threadid=27300

Blue Note has a full version of "Sunrise" off her new album that you can listen to. It's also supposed to be available for download on most ot the online music services.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
That sucks, but honestly, I'm not that surprised, given that most of the Norah Jones SACDs that my local Best Buy got in last year are still in the rack.

Greg_C_T

Second Unit

Can't we say that about most SA-CDs in general? I still don't know many people who have even heard of SA-CD and DVD-A, much less own any of the equipment.

That's too bad about no SA-CD for Sunrise, though. :thumbsdown:

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member

Come Away With Me sold close to 10 million CDs, and yet the demand for the hybrid SACD was low?

I bet sales for the CD still sold well after the hybrid was released.

I think that's a great indicator of how uninterested people are of SACD (and DVD-A).

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member

I do.

By the time the SACD was released, the album had been on the racks for two years. Yes, it continued to rack up big sales numbers in 2003, but I doubt that the SACD hybrid represented a large portion.

All speculation. Some actual sales data on the hybrid would be nice. Is there not a way to know how many were shipped to stores, if not how many have been sold?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks